Today's Edition of the Blank-O Butthead Move 'O The Day...

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by TigerEducated, Jun 22, 2004.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Seems our own Guvnuh' Queen Bee has decided - but not announced yet- the new economic development head (Wasn't it so important in the campaign? Hell, why has it taken so damn long to name one?)...

He's from - get this - Mississip...and better yet...

He's being investigated by authorities in Mississippi for DOCUMENT SHREDDING!

Just another in a growing list of ridiculous decisions and moves that Orleans Parish is thrusting upon us...

Undercutting the Riverboat Pilot reform, and effectively continuing the stagnation of that avenue of economic development.

Lying to and actively lobbying in opposition of New Orleans Archdiocese head man Alfred Hughes...Lobbying against and killing a move by that group to pull at risk youths out of a decaying and destructive and destitution continuing public school system and putting them into private Catholic schooling...

Cutting 30 million from higher education...and mostly from LSU...

The "Republican Truth Squad" that spread lies about her...I'm wondering when she'll provide proof about that bald faced lie she propogated onto a statewide audience...

Phasing out business taxes...

Brushing off Bush for a Third World Government controlled oil company when he spoke at commencement...

Getting booed at the Sugar Bowl...

Calling her relative from OLE MISS when he beat LSU in baseball....

Letting her Legislative minions approve a 8,000/year part time job for John Alario...Essentially a part time job while working a part time job...What's that...a 1/4 time job?

Talking pro business, then telling big business (Saints) that we can't live up to our promises...

She's like that disgusting film on your tongue when you wake up in the morning...and we can't get her off...

Trust me when I say this...She will be the bane of our existence...

2. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Man do I ever regret not making it to the 2nd ballot to vote for Jindall.... Did anybody that attends LSU vote for this horrid *&%#???

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

TE, What's your take on the new tank-car factory to be built in Alexandria? Heaven knows Alex needs the business since England Air Base closed. But will the economic benefits greatly outweigh the money that the citizens of Louisiana are spending to build the plant for Union Tank Car Company? Will Louisiana own the plant if UTCC downsizes or goes bankrupt?

Or possibly will it bring in thousands for every dollar spent by taxpayers? I believe in economic incentives to attract money-generating businesses, but the projected numbers put out in the past for such projects have often turned out to be BS in reality, a few years later.

I still don't see why we would pay Benson millions for a team that he personally owns, nor let him sell the naming rights for a building that Louisiana owns. Louisiana should get shares of the team in return if he needs our money to stay here. The city of Green Bay owns the Packers and they don't have to take guff from any selfish owner. And they ain't moving anywhere.

4. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

I know that UTCC us getting a $65MM tax cut to come here. Since there will be a sizeable number of full-time jobs, I think it is a good thing. I think the tax break was a bit more than was necessary to attract them, but, hey man, its good PR for the bee. Anytime she can get her face in the paper, or tie her name to something, you better beelieve (sic), it will be there.

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

red55, the Saints are a WONDERFUL investment...We're paying them what...around 15 million per year, I think? The Super Bowl's economic impact, as well as the countless free opportunities for advertising the city as Sports Center does their pan shot lead ins to each opening segment of SC...

The times that are had there translate to repeat business...and ancillary dollars that result from the repeat business.

The good times, great stories, etc.., they all translate in $$$ and publicity, and ultimately, good things for the state.

Also, the incomes of the 53 man roster as well as the practice squad (around $3,000/week from what I've heard) translate into sizeable chunks of taxable income as well. Those dollars are spent on rent, in strip clubs, in car lots, clothing stores, etc...Those dollars are recirculated throughout the community...from the dollar bills that pay for packs of Marlboro Reds on the way back to Metairie for strippers leaving Ricks to the tip jar that pays the rent for the shot girls at Utopia who are at Delgado getting their associate's degrees...

The Saints pay off...BIGTIME...10-15, hell, even 20 million per year is a small chunk of change to pay for the peripheral benefits...

6. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Geez, you ever try to tell one of those girls that you DON'T want a shot? I'm always halfway tempted to ask them for sex right there on the spot, since the word "no" doesn't appear to exist in their vocabularies. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: