Todd McShay, another ESPN idiot

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by DownOnTheBayou, Jan 1, 2010.

1. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

On espn last night, McShay talking about the draft next year said that LSU Safety Chad Jones has improved his draft status because Jones is having a monster season.

Are you frikin kidding me??? Obviously McShay hasn't watched an LSU game this year. Chad Jones is having a terrible season. He's the Josh Bullocks of college football. All Jones can do is hit, like that safety for the Redskins!!

Wow!

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

never liked laron and he is having a bad year but he is 100x the football player chad jones is.

todd mcshay proved he is just another parrot who doesnt follow the players personally. take a hyped player who makes a couple plays and dismiss his lack of bringing it every play. you know, that your true players bring like a jacob hester or a kelvin sheppard that goes unheralded. this is akin to saying keiland williams had a great year.

but at least this hypes his stock and will definitely make him more money than he deserves--but it screws us in baseball more than likely. who knows, he may mature into the position and end up earning it but he doesnt look like a football player to me. never has.

also, can we wipe out the 10 different sets of 5 people on draft day and go back to 3 or 4 people max and just use one? jesus fn christ man. talk about an overload of garbage out this has turned into.

give me mel kiper, jaws, dilfer and clayton. leave the rest behind.

dump trey annoying wingnut, merrill overdressed and looks like hes choking in that suit hoge, steve overcritical still overcompensating for my joe montana complex young.

also marcellus wiley is not good. cris carter is good but his arrogance kills it. schlereth is decent but somewhat boring. ditka is actually ok. stuart scott should be shot in his good eye.

i can stomach berman in small doses if i get tom jackson. love that dude. and bring back robin roberts. she was a dose of class that station lost when she left.

1 person likes this.
  3. DownOnTheBayou

I like Tom Jackson too. I also like Keyshaun.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Chad Jones sucks.

Lafell should be 1st or 2nd receiver taken. He is NFL ready.

LSU's lack of a suitable QB these past 2 season still hasn't kept him from shining. Just think if he had an outstanding QB throwing him the ball.

5. tirk

i agree. its amazing he was able to produce in spite of the offense.

mcshay has him ranked 41st i think. right before chad jones and al woods per the crawler they show incessantly throughout the game.

which one would you take. al woods right? jesus christ. has this dude played two snaps in a row and made a difference? maybe he can join tyson jackson and dorsey in KC. may as well add jones in the secondary while theyre at it.

6. DownOnTheBayou

tirk, who's the nice ass??

7. downtown

downtown Founding Member

I wouldn't say Chad Jones sucks.

There are times when he looks totally out of place and times when he is not playing well.

But against Penn St., he was one of the only guys that was actually tackling people and punishing them at times.

Let's face it, we would have had 5 losses without him this year because he basically won the Mississippi State game by himself with the unbelievable punt return and the deflection in the end zone with time running out.

I think he also led us in interceptions this year too.

And Les would be 0-3 against Saban and we wouldn't have a NC under him had Jones not made that incredible play at Bama in 07 and had a great game in general.

I thought Jones had a bad year last year, but I thought he was much better this year and actually was put in position to make more plays this year. He might be inconsistent, but he does make some very big plays and he does bring that fear factor at times that we desperately need since our D-line brings ZERO fear. I just don't know why we don't blitz Jones/Peterson every once in a while. It would be worth it just to shake up the QB even if we get burned here or there.

I don't know about him being a high draft pick and all this B.S., but he's not bad.

8. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

agree about mcshay - guys a moron.

thought Chad actually played better as the year progressed, but certainly his complete body of football work was less than impressive. should stick with baseball - would make a lot of cash with less risk of injury.

9. tirk

no clue. she came to me in spirit.

agree. hes not bad. his athleticism allows him to play well at times in spite of himself.

a difference maker in the nfl? very unlikely.

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

a ball he never should have touched.
    he made a play, so people ignore the fact that you don't attempt to field a punt on a bounce in traffic inside your own 10.

if by incredible, you mean manged not to trip over himself in a gaping hole en route to the QB, then OK.

important play? without a doubt. big reason we won the game.
    but probably anyone listed on the depth chart as a DB could have done the same thing. he had a seam big enough to turn an eighteen wheeler around.