Told ya So:

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by clair, Feb 2, 2005.

1. shawntigerfan

shawntigerfan Freshman

I am excited to get such a top athelete but I do have some concerns about his attitude/character. I live in Houston and saw his announcement today and I am concerned with the fact that he called out JaMarcus and Matt that way. I just feel that if he does not win the job and start, then he could be a cancer in the locker room.

While JR did struggle last year, you just don't call out your new teammate that way. He did the same thing to Vince Young last October when he struggled against OU.

I hope he keeps his head straight!

:geauxtige LSU!

2. philter

philter Founding Member

Supposedly there is an audio tape that the newspaper got that quote from, and some people at the bash heard the tape. They said it wasn't what he said at all...they called the quote in the paper a 'flat out lie'.

I'll withhold judgement because I know media likes to take things out of context and further exagerrate things to make a bigger story.

3. clair

clair Rockets

The email address really is his...

Now whether or not he has someone answering emails for him is not up to me...

4. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I heard part of what RP said in the news conference on TV. I thought he didn't quite say it in the same words about Matt Flynn as what was quoted in the post/newspaper. Can someone verify this? The whole thing/sentence could have been twisted and taken out of context. :confused:
    ________
    VAPOR INFO