ToldYaSo....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

OK I'm jumping in.

O hasn't had the chance to recruit LBs better than Miles. We can hope he CONTINUES to recruit LBs like Miles. So far so good. See Damone Clark. Ryan Clark describes him like this:
    "Take Devin White and......stretch him. With Trev Faulk's forehead"
    He's gonna be a monster.

Speaking of stretch, to credit/blame O for the 2017 recruiting class is a stretch. Miles was the HC in 2016 until he wasn't, and those recruits were recruited by Miles. O took over with little time to assemble a class and replacing a long time HC...hard to do anything with 2017.

To ask why O's recruits aren't good enough to leave as Jr is kinda weird. Do you really want them to? I mean, a guy like Devin White, sure. But I'm of the opinion that a lot of these Jrs leaving early for the draft (all positions) played a part in Miles' teams getting weaker over the last couple years of his time here. Crazy to have so many guys enter the draft only to go un-drafted. They were really good college players, but clearly not quite pro ready. But they jumped because that was Miles' recruiting pitch...3 years and you'll be in the NFL. Landed some good players, but put a hurting on the team in the long run. O was able to keep most draft eligible Jrs in the fold last season. Before you say guys like Fulton, Lawrence, and Divinity weren't ready...no shit. Neither were half the ones that left early under Miles.

And to stay on topic, it's because they weren't finished with the LSU S&C program before they left. :)

el005639 likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I can't wait to see what he does with this one

3. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Do you really believe Saban & Miles are different in the 3-4 years then NFL sales pitch to top recruits? How about Rosy? Ever read "Meat Market"? Think he's ant different? The other day Rosy said "Well, it happens., but you've just gotta move on".

So you either play with top recruits or fill you're roster with low ranked 2 & 3 stars that will stay 4 full years. Lots of prayers for winning. That's assuming they don't fail out.

He's had 3 classes. Where are Oeaux's All-Americans? 3 of Miles players he had signed for 2017, didn't want to play for Rosy & switched to Alabama. Overall Bama took a record number 6 players from Louisiana, when Rosy took over.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I think these have the most potential as long as injuries are avoided.

Chassion
    Queen
    Phillips
    Stevens
    Clark

5. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Chassion already has the "oft-injured" rep. But he's pretty good when healthy.

Stevens..the former 5 Star, #1 Safety in America. Rosy moved him to WR, for whatever reason. Now he's at his 3rd position, linebacker. The journey continues.. He's a Junior already... 35 tackles

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

You are correct sir I did post Bakerville, old age is sneaking up on me

TigerTap likes this.
  7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Saban actually has a good track record of getting guys to come back if he knows they won't be drafted high.

You sound angry and should probably seek professional help.

And "Oeaux"...wtf is that?? It's "Eaux" if you insist on doing the cajun thing. Don't.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I prefer Oeaux

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

494733355-outlaw-josey-wales-chief-dan-george.jpg

10. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

No. How many 5 Star QBs has Saban signed that never played? He has a terrible record of "Processing", student athletes, One of the worst in the country, using ether processing or early entrants & just yanking scholarships.They have a whole setup through 2-3 minor colleges with former Bama players as coaches.

Mad about what?

Oeaux is stupid & makes no sense but that's the preferred syntax here. It's the Cajun way on this board.