ToldYaSo....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Aug 16, 2019.

1. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Don Castavez likes this.
  2. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Actually some pretty good talent here. Add in Divinity, Thornton etc. and Aranda should have a pretty good LB'er unit.

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

We agree

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Can you be more triggered? I gave your guy a compliment!!! I said he got his linebacker recruits to play better than their recruit rating. And you backed me up! Of the list of 10 names you gave me, 5 of them - Sheppard, Riley, Barrow, Jones and Riley - were 3-stars! (according to rivals). Turning 3-stars into NFL'ers is damned fine coaching. And I don't know why you're quoting Saban related crap to me; he has no place in this discussion at all. Finally, I opined that Oeaux has recruited LBs better than Miles, which is surely what triggered you. How dare anyone suggest anyone can do anything better than your idol. Again, using Rivals (only because I find their site the easiest to navigate; I concede 247 or espn may have differences), Miles never recruited a 5-star LB, and got quite a few 3-stars in his time here. Orgeron got a 5-star (Jacob Phillips) his first time out the gate.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

Tommy Moffit is one of the best in the business.

Fishhead likes this.
  6. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

My guy, huh?

In one sentence you say something false, the next sentence you say something true. Not triggered. Just strange that you would say something not true, about a coach who put gas in the empty tank & kickstarted LB'er recruiting at LSU after several decades of being dormant. Opened the sealed pipeline to the NFL again.

Did you ever hear of Clifton Garrett? Probably not as he was a 5 Star who had done physical problems & trasferred.
    https://247sports.com/Player/Clifton-Garrett-15330/high-school-51240/

Also guys like Kwon Alexander, Kendall Beckwith & Kevin Minter, Devin White & Michael DIvinity, etc. were pretty highly ranked recruits. He did get quite a few 3 Stars as well. It was a good blendmthat worked well.

The Saban thing was not directed at you. Just find it highly ironic Saban " The Builder" gets credit for building certain things he mostly failed at.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

By "failed at" do you mean winning LSU's first national championship in 45 years? Or is rebuilding a program that had become a doormat under the previous 3 coaches and building a program that won the SEC title in just 2 seasons? Bring on the "failure."

Fishhead likes this.
  8. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

I know you loves Saban, most here do. It's kind of a sad thing as he pushes LSU shit in most every year. And if anything negative is said about the former lover, the sabanistas come running to defend. I still think LSU should build a statue or name a sports building for him. But I digress..

Thought we were talking about the Linebacker position at LSU? Saban could not recruit Georgia at LSU. And in all those brick-laying classes never managed to sign a LB'er capable of getting drafted.

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I hate Saban and hope he gets trampled next time those fat ass frick Gump fans come rumbling on the field seeking autographs like school girls at a Beatles concert.

But if you think he's anything less than the best coach in the modern era, you're insane.

shane0911, Bengal B and COTiger like this.
  10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

You're being kind. IconLOL.gif

shane0911 likes this.