ToldYaSo....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Aug 16, 2019.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

You keep making my point for me. Miles coached these guys up, and I give him full credit for that. BTW, you're citing 247 on Garrett. I think I said somewhere in my post that I was going by rivals, and admitted there may be some difference. They only gave Garrett 4 stars, but I didn't forget him. Huge disappointment for us; where the heck did he end up anyway?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    shane0911 likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I recognized him at the McDonald's drive through window.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

He couldn't handle the heat here, so he eventually transferred to......Arizona or Arizona State lol

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I neither love nor hate Saban cause how can I. I don't know the man personally. What I do know is I have a tremendous amount if respect for the man and greatly appreciate him for ending the coaching rollercoaster that was going on before he got here. He brought LSU a NC and put us back into the the college football limelight. Miles to his credit carried the torch well and appeared to be a decent man the kids loved to play for. I respected Miles too. Sadly he went the way of ole Cholly.

5. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

We have found common ground. Let us bring out the peace pipe and fellowship.

TerryP likes this.
  6. mctiger

Kumbaya, baby!

7. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Peace pipe accepted. No cannabis in the pipe however stopped doing that in 1975 life needed my full attention from that point on. I am excited about the season unlike a few here who are already looking for boogie men in the coaching staff to trash a month before the first game is played.

Go Tigers!

tirk likes this.
  8. mctiger

Don't assume because people are predicting what our strengths or weaknesses will be that anyone's looking for an escape goat. I started saying last year that I thought strength and o-line recruiting are problems. I'll be happy to admit my mistake as soon as I'm proven wrong. And to be clear, what I'm looking for is an o-line that can move Bama's defense and give us a chance to win. That's my benchmark. That doesn't mean I won't enjoy the wins that will surely come in the weeks before that game. And I'll praise the players and coaches I think are doing well, even if they are the guys I think will eventually fail us. I enjoy the moment, and I will not qualify our successes with "Yeh, but wait until...."

LSU_4_LIFE and kcal like this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

All I know is that thus far, Oeaux hasn't stuck a MLB out there like Les Miles did = DJ Welter.

Miles was a great recruiter, but he got caught with his pants down a number of times at certain positions.

shane0911 likes this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Its hilarious you credit O with 2016/17. You want sooooo bad for 2016 to have never happened to Miles.

Might as well give Saban the 2007 title as well.

Bengal B likes this.