ToldYaSo....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Don Castavez, Aug 16, 2019.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Hmmm, where to aim.

2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Duly noted. However we already know E is on the hit list O to a lesser extent and now it's Moffit. Season hasn't begin yet and he's already a target. Could we wait for a few games to start circling like vultures.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

What I think you're not considering is that - whoever anyone's "target" is - its not a spur of the moment decision. At least, I don't think it is. No one's saying,"Gee, I need someone to bitch about if we don't go undefeated and win the NC.....Pikachu, I choose you!" Its based on what we've seen over the past couple of years. Everyone sees things a little differently, you included. I offer explanations for my opinions only. But I think these preseason threads would be pretty boring if everyone thought alike, don't you?

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

You are probably right I am over stating the issue. Maybe I am still a little burned out over the incessant ganging up on E last year. This year will only be O's 3rd full year as head coach. O has shown that he is willing to add and subtract coaches to better the team. If E, Moffit or any other coach are hurting the team than I trust O to recognize that and correct it, he has not as for E and Moffit so for now that's good enough for me. Can't believe he would keep a sub par OC and a sub par S&C coach if it is bad for the team. Afterall it's his ass on the line at the end of the year.

Guess the difference is I am counting on O to know what he is doing and he will suffer the consequences good or bad.

5. mctiger

Some people have it in for O - and anyone associated with him - because of the way he became head coach, meaning Alleva either screwed up or got played with both Hermann and Fisher, leaving us to settle for O. Its going to be very difficult for him to change those minds. Some are giving him a chance. This will be a crucial year for him, I think, because even his bashers seem to be optimistic about this season. Add to that a new AD who will want to demonstrate that he's an improvement over his predecessor, and Orgeron is left with little margin for error this year. JMO

6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

It would be a travesty if O's ass was on the line this year. He needs this season and next season to gather his own players, he deserves this. He wasnt dealt the best of hands and in my view has done a great job. He has shown he can be creative and think outside the box. For example no way Miles would have went out and got a Joe Burrow or a Cole Tracy and go get a guy like Brady to help the offense.

If I am wrong about O I will admit it but so far I am an O guy.

7. mctiger

All true, but I really think its all going to go back to how he was hired. The boosters don't like that the appearance was we settled on O rather than getting the guy we wanted. They expect big things from the new AD, and I think he may be pushed to make a move if the team slips this year. Maybe its more fair to say that the pressure is on Woodard, not Orgeron. Or maybe I'm just talking out of my ass. That seems even more likely.

Winston1 likes this.
  8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

I do understand the politics and dynamics of big time college football expectations. Hope all is well next year but would have to be a train wreck for me to turn on O. We are in the SEC anything can happen but I am big on having a really good veteran QB which we have so I like our chances.

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Aim higher. Much, much higher. Or, to the nearest STD clinic.

History proves this is ironic.
    But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here. Please, go on here.

Who are these colleges and coaches? Who has had their scholarship yanked? And, just to clear up what comes across as absurd, kids leaving for the league is a case of processing? Processing...what exactly?

It doesn't really matter what you think but I do want to know how you come to think this way.

Wait a minute now. When Saban was at LSU, according to what's been told, he didn't need to leave the state of Louisiana. There's a hell of a lot of talent in Georgia but one has to ask was it a better move to focus in state, on Texas and lower Alabama, Florida, et. al than a few linebackers from Georgia (a state that's heavily raided as it was.)

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I gotta say Shane, I appreciate the staunch way you stand behind your statement with no regard to the NFL feeling differently, the coaches around the NCAA feeling differently, and practically every college football fan across the nation agreeing with those two.

While I do look at JB as one of the better quarterbacks in the SEC, I don't see him equal to Fromm. I'd put Bryant at Mizzou over Joe (a guy that been badly characterized when discussing his quarterback talents.)

I do find it amusing that the best player LSU has, Delpit, says it is the best offense he's faced and we don't hear that when describing the offense LSU is fielding this season. And that's with all of those guys returning.