Tom Herman 7pm

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Cajinkid

Cajinkid Veteran Member

I hope he bring's applewhite with him and just get's us a better offensive staff . Unless they make Applewhite the new HC in Houston .

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

That is doable and if Herman really likes the opportunity at a bigger school, this might be part of his sell.

3. Cajinkid

Cajinkid Veteran Member

I would be fine with bringing along Applewhite . He has experience coaching at major programs and looks like a good fit with Herman .

4. CaryLab

CaryLab Founding Member

I called Herman/Applewhite to LSU after the Wisconsin game and Tap said no chance in hell. I hope he has to eat thos words!

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

How many games did he lose, and how many ranked teams did he play?

edit: never mind; I'll help you. He's 18-1, and 5-0 against ranked teams. I've seen enough. Most of us have.

6. TheRealist

TheRealist GEAUX TIGERS

What was Leslie's record before coming here? How about Nicky? If I recall they were both barely over .500 and I bet they lost more than they won or were even against ranked teams.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You can't reason with morons. They are missing the abstract thought process and prefer to sit in a corner and eat crayons. Just ignore him and he will eventually wander back to his hole.

GregLSU likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Would be a nice change from the bowls of mush at the institution

9. TheRealist

TheRealist GEAUX TIGERS

So, is going .500 in a tougher conference better than dominating a weaker conference? If the team is in a given conference then I think dominating that conference, considering the other teams should be able to pull equal talent when recruiting, as well as winning most of tough OOC games says as much as being mediocre in a stronger conference. Sure, the sample size is small but how long is long enough when the guy has only lost one game so far? Would running the table this year and winning against a strong team from another conference (again) in a bowl be a strong enough resume? Or does he need to do this for another year or 3?

I think he is every bit as qualified as any other candidate out there. In fact, since we don't know how his system would work in a tougher conference I would say that is a good thing. You could take a better known coach and pretty much know what you will get or swing for the fences and possibly get a top 3 coach. Or you could strike out.

I'm swinging for the fences.

I also don't think we will get Herman, the current admins will screw this up and I will be pleasantly surprised fi they don't.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

We know how his offense worked as OC in the Big 1o and in the playoffs

TheRealist, islstl and GregLSU like this.