Tom Lemming...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxscott, Feb 5, 2003.

1. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

2. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

he just ate crow for what he said earlier this week. he said usc had fallen behind us and florida so that puts us number 1. i think if we get russel then we will no. 1. another possibility is that if russel goes to fsu lane will decommit for ole miss and come here. lemming said he has not signed yet and i don't believe he will till after russel makes his decsion. personally i hope we get russel though.

3. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

huh?

Ole Miss' website says Lane's a "signee".

4. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

maybe so don't know was just repeating lemming who said he hasn't signed yet.

5. dplsu

dplsu Founding Member

You can forget about Lane...no way he would come back. Too far gone at this point. I'm telling you it's a moot point anyway, he won't be playing football for anyone...just my opinion. I would have hoped that we learned our lessons from the Booty fiasco. His initial commit, the baseball gig and then all the rumors about if he was coming back and when, etc, etc, etc, probably kept us from getting some QB recruits anyway. And you can say what you want, if it wasn't for Booty, we may have gotten Payton back then...and possibly Brock Berlin if the whole situation hadn't gone south.

I'm not blaming Booty, but the whole situation from his initial commit all the way to the end of his football career at LSU set us back years in the QB department....Thank God for Rohan.

6. geauxscott

just saw on ESPN Tom Lemming has us at the number one spot....it is listing the top 25 classes right now on ESPN

7. tigerdoc88

tigerdoc88 Founding Member

Lemming

Lemming made us No. 1 even though a couple of weeks ago he said that the only chance we had to make the top 5 was if we signed Russell. Nice to see he saw the light.

8. geauxscott

and he said that assuming that we would have Lane and Russell......Currently we have neither and still ranked #1

9. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Hey Lemming, how does it feel to eat crow. Glad he finally saw the light.
    Nick ces bon(Nick is Good)
    Geaux Tigers