Tom Luginbill on ESPNU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cgull, Sep 19, 2006.

1. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Yes but considering that two of the bad calls were either in the end zone or on the goal line, there is no way we would not have capitalized on one of them...

2. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

Yeah, but we lost to an SEC East team in '03. That's the problem.

3. GarlicMeatball

GarlicMeatball Founding Member

I understand that loosing to FLA in 2003 did not damage LSU's national championship hopes as much becuase now LSU is basically 2 games behind AU...however my point is that if this is LSU's loss in AU was a much better played game than in 2003 against FLA at home, where the team did not score an offensive TD and only scored on a punt return and gave up 3 TD's to a Freshman QB, not too mention FLA was struggling at that time and Zook was about to get the ax.

Basically my point was that after last weekend I feel that LSU is a top 1-3 team in the country this year.

4. G-LSU

G-LSU Founding Member

Tom is a prime candidate of SUDDEN EXPERTISM!!! (Thank Goodness)
    :geauxtige :geauxtige
    :geauxtige :geauxtige

5. Kkille1LSU

Kkille1LSU Founding Member

Doesn't matter if the loss was a small or large loss. It is a loss to a team that is in the west, which means we are two games behind that particular team for a run at our own conference championship.

Our loss to FLA still put us capable of winning our division and conference; plus it added an extra top tier win on our record, which coincidentally pushed us enough to be a top THREE team. OK,LA,USC

This loss, no matter how small, is very detrimental to our run for NC, but it may be confidence boost to the team. Realizing that you played a top three team and only loss by ridiculous calls shows you how strong the team is.

But, our teams and fans need to realize that only a miracle (which would be well deserved) can bring us back into a NC race, because Los Angeles, Bristol, and the AP always shows its ugly head towards the end, and if were not the media darling like W.V., USC, Meechigan,ND; we'll be lucky to make it to a BCS bowl.

I love my Tigers, but the Refs really bent us over backwards last Saturday. Damn the Man!

6. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

You are talking about having this kind of stuff cleared up by typical SEC elite who are more interested in having their likeness engraved on the coin they use for the toss.