Tonight vs McNeese -- can't put much stock in this one...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by northernvatiger, Oct 16, 2010.

1. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Look, a win is a win. We're 7-0.

This type of game has trap written all over it, I don't care if it's an FCS team or FBS team. McNeese had nothing to lose. They are a state school, were fired up for the game, and they played well.

We just came off a thrilling win last week against Florida, a tough opponent for us over the years. Next week -- Auburn, another tough opponent and Western Div rival. Les and the team knew the outcome of their game and it's only human to be thinking ahead to that game.

Let's feel good about another W, and start focusing on next week.

:geauxtige

2. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

I agree - this could've been a trap. :geaux:

3. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I never viewed this as a trap game. A trap game to me is when someone may have the ability to beat you, given that you play after a big win over a traditional rival. I don't think McNeese had the ability to beat LSU under almost any circumstances.

4. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

It really is sad but I had a bad feeling we would have a game like this. We are exceptionally good at playing down/up to our competition. We never blow out a team any more(whether that be our team or our coach who knows). Regardless the case this had sleep walking game written all over it. Glad we got the W and I hope we show up for the tigerplainsmeneagles.

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

The lengths to which some of you go to defend the sh*tty play of LSU is laughable at best... it's been the same with the close wins this year and most of the last 2 seasons...

At some point you just have to accept the fact that Gary Crowton and the offensive coaches are killing the wills of these players and committing a huge injustice to them as well.

6. Ahab the Arab

Ahab the Arab Veteran Member

Everyone was expecting LSU to drum McNeese tonight after last week's big victory over Florida. However, it turns out last week's big victory over Florida wasn't so big, as Florida really sucks.

Hell, we are still a one dimensional team, damn good defense, piss poor offense.

7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I've seen no evidence that this team has lost its will; quite the contrary they always fight to the end. The last time I can remember this team looking like it lost it's will was the end of the 08 season. But then they turned it around and got it back for the bowl game. I've also seen no evidence that any of the players think that the coaching staff has commited a 'huge injustice to them'; again quite the opposite.

Do you have examples of dead will players or players complaining of huge injustices?

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

When you have certain players calling JL THEIR QB (which shows they have more confidence in JL), then JJ keeps playing and drives stalls out... i'd say the coaches are killing their wills by continously playing JJ.

9. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I wouldn't put much stock into tonight's performance either. It was a practice for them, kind of like a pre-season game for the Saints. There's no way they're going to play all out and give Auburn something to think about. Not to mention, we don't want to get our go-to guys hurt against the likes of McNeese state. That's why I think the team looked like they did.

They will play a much different game next week.

10. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Not me, Man! You won't see ME defending any LSU player's sh*tty play tonight!

What we were all privileged to witness tonight was CLM unleashing his "Rope A Dope" strategy--that sly fox!--a totally Les Miles-scripted playdown to a lesser opponent, purely to fool those "False Tigers."

And it worked! Auburn's guard is down, practices are now postponed till Thursday afternoon, and (for me, the most telling of all) the entire Auburn team is going for pedicures on Wednesday! Way to go, Les!