Too bad Hester couldn't have had that last run

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU4Life, Oct 14, 2007.

1. LSU4Life

LSU4Life Founding Member

I don't think only one defender would have brought Hester down on that last carry.

Still a lot of football left to play - Injuries have slowed us a lot.

Geaux Tigers!

2. Purple Reign

Purple Reign Founding Member

I think your dreaming. No one touched the would be tackler. It was an easy stonewall. Watch the replay

3. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Yeah...someone missed a block. Scott isn't no little dude. He just got smoked off a missed assignment.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I think you're wrong. Hester was dropped by one guy on more than one occasion tonight. I believe he was a little nicked.

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

You can't be serious. Perhaps you didn't see just about every second down of overtime, when our dynamic and speedy offense was relegated to "Hester up the middle for one yard."

6. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

Hester was not a 100% all day after the thigh bruise. He was not the same Hester.

It's possible that the tackler might not have brought down Hester, because Hester runs so low to the ground and leans forward so much.

Scott is a straight up runner and will never get underneath a hit. Scott won't be able to gets extra yards after the first hit like Hester does just because of the way the hit the first tackler.

7. True Grit

True Grit Founding Member

Yes he would have. He was injured.

I dont know why we ran it 3 or 4 straight times in OT anyways. That reminds of Jimbo. I believe Miles was the one that chose the plays in OT.

8. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i don't agree with the playcalling in the last over time. the 1st and 2nd down play were almost identical and we were too far away from the stick on 4th to pick up the 1st with a run. i thought almost for sure they'd roll the pocket on a passs play and give flynn a pass run option but what do i know?

9. True Grit

True Grit Founding Member

I know, it was way too predictable. If all we can do in crunch time is run up the gut then we are in trouble.

10. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

You beat me to it.. I was the only LSU fan last week that was calling Crowton or Miles a moron for those 4th down runs... bad playcalling killed LSU last night... that and an exposed defensive gameplan (i'll get into that later..)

1 person likes this.