Too much faith in JaMarcus

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MCab, Oct 7, 2006.

1. MCab

MCab Founding Member

I see Miles' flaw: he never benches a QB. Flynn's just as good, not as athletic, but a better reader. I think he's got a cooler head, JR seems to panic. JR needs to get it in his head that his job is not secure. I don't know why Flynn hasn't transferred. I like Jamarcus, but I just think if a QB isn't performing, it's time to sit him down.

2. LSUweezie

LSUweezie Founding Member

are you freakin kiddin me are u really tryin to blame this loss on J Marc I didn't know J marc fumbled the punt the kickoff snapped the ball when he shouldnt have n caught the ball then let it slip out 20 ft in the air to get it picked

3. clair

clair Rockets

he had 1 td and 3 ints, but if D-Bowe catches the 2 passes he dropped into the DBs hands, it is just as easily 3 tds 1 int..

he is far from the blame... especially considering flynn couldn't do **** against Tulane and MSU

4. downtown

downtown Founding Member

If...if...if...if...
    That game just doesn't work. Clearly, one of the ints. wasn't JR's fault. But that one in no way had any chance of being a TD. The one he threw in the end zone was a bad throw again twisting his receiver in the wrong direction.

What about the other pics he should have had? You know, the one right in that guy's hands that was going to be a TD the other way. And then there was that other throw when he threw it right by a Florida defender when our receiver was obviously going deep. Let's face it, JR played a BAD game. Don't forget about the fumble at the 1 either.

You are right in that he's definitely not the only one to blame. Many did not play well. However, he is part of the reason they lost this one. His passes were bad all day long. A lot of the completions were badly thrown balls.

And it was totally crappy for Flynn to throw an interception against Miss. St., I agree 100%. You should always strive to do your best no matter what the situation. But in the end, who really gives a $hit? The game was over anyway. Are you going to tell me you judge a guy based on what he does in crap games when he gets to throw the ball like four times (his first and only four throws). Hell, the guy is rusty. If that's the case, you must really not like JR because we all know it takes him a few passes to start clicking (except against Miss St. - he does indeed kill them every year).

Flynn should at least get a few plays a game if only to throw a new look and more speed at the defenses. If Doucet can play QB for a couple of runs, certainly Matt can do it. Hell, we know, we saw him do it against Miami and do it great. He's done it well in others games as well. I'd just like to see him get a few plays when the juices are flowing and the crowd is still around. You know, when it's actually still a game.

We just need to try some different things rather than the same old stuff all of the time. It obviously isn't working.

5. UF96NC

UF96NC Founding Member

Yeah bench a guy who completes 18 of 20 or something like that against MSU. I don't care if it's MSU, thats tough to do against the air. I don't know how much time Jemarcus spends under center but maybe it would be helpful to the running game to get in some more plays from there. Let a big back like Broussard get a little steam going before he gets the ball. It didn't appear your center was comfortable with another mans hands there on the goal line either. Maybe Flynn could have been considered in that situation since he isn't 6'6" and his hands are probably not as big as Jemarcus'. :)

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

jamarcus certainly didnt have his best game but this weak secondary wasnt so weak when you give a top 5 team so many pts off turnover and the safeties can sit back knowing you have to throw--with zero threat of a running game.

we have many fans who won't appreciate him til he's long gone. if jamarcus had any semblence of a running game it would be clearer to some.

7. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

This is a guy that has put LSU in some holes in some games, but where would this program be without him and his what 7 comeback wins?? How many people make that pass against AZST?? Wouldn't he have bailed out LSU in the Cap One if it werent for a hail mary?? This guy has helped LSU a lot more than he has hurt them.

8. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I don't think JR is the man to lead us to the title. But I am not really wanting to throw him out with last night's bath water. But, he had 3 picks and 1 fumble on the goal line. You have to at least admit that he did not have a good game.

Some of this discussion reminds me of the Aaron Brooks stuff. Guess where he is now? Sitting on a bench. Board posters clearly called it right on him, so it is completely possible that they are right about JR.

9. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

CBS put up a graphic that it has been 4 comebacks in the 4th or OT. That's 4 in three years. This dude is not exactly a John Elway or Brett Favre.

10. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Well, how many of those games did LSU have to come back in anyway??? That would be the question, then we can see what those 4 comebacks are compared to in terms of games played and scores