Too much faith in JaMarcus

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MCab, Oct 7, 2006.

1. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I don't know, but the dude is not a panacea. He's a solid QB, but he is not the man. After three years of watching him, this should start to become obvious, shouldn't it? We can keep giving him a pass all day long, but until you start winning the big games, this sort of criticism will continue to come. JR is a different QB against the best teams in the SEC. It's not all on him as he has to play tough defenses. It's just my position that this guy is not the guy to carry us all the way. That's all.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

wtf does that mean? hes not as great vs better competition? no one is, thats what better opposition translates into.

did you see him march down the field the first half with relative ease against a top-5 team or was that bryan sparacino? certainly once we turned the ball over non-stop and falling behind we let UF dictate upfront while dropping guys back b/c we had zero threat of a running game. passing becomes a bit more difficult. Or is all that lost on you? I could put 7 high school players back if i knew you were gonna throw and stop you. basically thats what happened in the 2nd half leaving little room for anything. unfortunately we ran that same defense when it was 0-0.

3. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

This guy makes mistakes. He should have thrown the ball away at Auburn. The pass he completed to Vincent against Auburn would have ended the game without a penalty. He does make mistakes. But, he has bailed LSU out so many times that this guy gets a few free passes. This team laid down and played like this today. The coach needs to get up in someones face and chew some ass. He needs to be a freaking man when **** is going wrong instead of just being mr. nice guy. My feelings on him not having control of this team and these guys not fearing for their jobs comes from last years SECCG when their were back to back 15 yard penalties against LSU. I forgot who committed them but it was one of our experienced safeties.

4. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I've watched him for three years. It's just my position that this guy is not the guy to carry us all the way. That's all.

That's what the phuck that's about. Got it? Out.

5. tirk

laron phreaking landry as u already knew. and thats my only knock with this staff but its a glaring one. we have the best coordinators across the board, we have the best talent ive seen here in my lifetime across the board and scouts seem to think the same but i want muschamp err pelini headbutting people and les miles kicking travis daniels' ass on the field before he can take another breath when making boneheaded plays.

6. tirk

thats what I thought. excellent analysis.

out? nothing like debating a clone.

Mega dittos!

7. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

I couldn't remember if it was Laron....thanks for the clarification. I agree with you on what your saying. You can't argue that LSU has great talent. They have 3 able qbs, great wide recievers. They are questionable at RB b/c obviously Vincent and Broussard aren't getting it done. Its time to give the keys to Charles Scott....assuming he's not in the dog house. Pelini has proven he can coach the D. Its just a major let down today

8. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Why are people so sensitive when it comes to JR? He played bad. Period. It's not the end of the world.

All I'm saying is that Flynn should get in for a few plays just to throw something different at teams. They don't have to bench JR for good or anything. Who knows...it might actually work - see Florida strategy.

JR has had some good games for LSU and some that weren't so memorable. You have to remember that our O shut down in games last year all the time. Florida, Auburn, Az.St., Arkansas, Tennessee, Georgia. Even in what I think was JR's best game we barely scored any points. Of course, Bama's D was strong. But my point is we're not lighting the world on fire at all with him like some people want to believe. It's not all his fault obviously, but it's an overall trend with our offense and our running game wasn't even this bad last year. Anyway, when a team has no running game, a QB who basically doesn't run doesn't offer you much if the passing game isn't really clicking either.

And I appreciate UF96NC's comments, but I don't think you've watched LSU enough. Broussard hasn't run over anyone this year or built up speed no matter how many times we've tried. And we do run JR under center quite a bit. And yes, JR did play excellent against MSU, but it's actually harder to go 18-20 against air than against MSU. I mean, Tulane beat them. The best part is, Flynn comes in and throws an interception against them. He screwed that up. But that's going to happen with rusty QBs. Anyway, 18-20 is excellent against anyone I agree with that. I was just joking about the air thing (partly). But in the end, I don't really care about stats when playing those teams. Even when we had bad times our QBs have torched MSU. It's the one constant in LSU football.

JR’s two worst games ever have come in The Swamp. I think he actually gets credit for one W because he started the game. However, Randall came in and saved the day after two interceptions by JR in LSU territory. That game was awesome. Lord knows, JR bailed out Randall a few times. Anyone remember JR and Oregon State. That was his other best game and he saved us from a loss. I do appreciate some of the good things he’s done for the program and some people forget or ignore that. But people do brush aside many of his weaknesses that aren’t getting better as well

9. UF96NC

UF96NC Founding Member

Two picks came because a freshman (Lafell) jumped to early and one receiver got hit and the ball popped up in the air. Those were not his fault.

10. downtown

downtown Founding Member

The Lafell int. was totally his fault. It was a horribly thrown ball to a man that was more than covered. The only thing Lafell might have done was possibly knock the ball away and you're right he did jump a little too early. But it was definitely overthrown and a poor decision. JR's fault. Go watch the play again. No one blamed that on Lafell and certainly the announcers didn't. Plus the guy only has like one catch on the year so I don't know why he'd throw long to him right when we got the ball back with good field position.