Top 10 College Announcing Crews

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Aug 10, 2003.

1. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

This a interesting list of the top College announcing crews.
    Link

2. profneo

profneo Founding Member

BAH...I can't stand Kieth Jackson. He always struck me as a Big 10 guy. You can tell he's excited when he gets to call one of those Big 10 sluggo matches between Penn St. and Ohio St. I remember in the Rose Bowl two years ago he kept on saying that Miami's WRs were pushing off the Nebraska DBs, and that's why they were getting so wide open. Any moron could have saw the reason why Miami's WRs were getting so wide open was because they were all about 10 times faster than any Nebraska player on the field. You can tell his heart was broken when the "new age" Miami program beat that sluggo old timer Nebraska program. Years ago he was supposed to retire after the FSU/TENN game, but like a punch drunk boxer he keeps comin back. BTW. those Gatorade commercials suck too...

The ESPN 2 guys, on the other hand, do a pretty good job.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Whoa Nelly! Who do you want doing the games? Dick Enberg "OOOHHH MYYYY, I don't think even God could have thrown that pass with more accuracy than ELLLWAAAY!"

Alltime Fantasy Dream Team in the booth? Madden, Cosell and John Facenda.

4. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

I want some of what THAT guy's smokin'! Get real, any announcer team with Dan Fouts on it can NOT be #1. And I was a really huge fan of his when he played. For my money, Ron Franklin and Mike Gottfried is the best going right now. For all time, I loved the old Cosell/Gifford/Meredith MNF crew. That was sheer entertainment: "Look at that little monkey run!"

5. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

Ron Franklin-Mike Gottfried-Adrian Karsten, ESPN.

My favorite by far.

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

We need a Super Announcing Team of Jill Arrington and Lisa Guerro

7. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

Let me just say I CAN'T STAND Keith Jackon...... now that that's out of the way...

Mike Patrick was my favorite, but he hasn't been announcing in the college ranks since he started doing Sunday Night Football.... So I guess my current fav is the Ron Franklin crew.

8. TigersWin!22

TigersWin!22 Founding Member

I was watching the 49ers vs Raiders game tonite while I was posting and couldn't help but think about the 2 worst announcers ever IMO. I know they don't do college, but I just had to let this out. Chris Collingsworth & Jerry Glanville.
    THEY SUCK! and one of them sucks more than the other. Chris Collingsworth is THE worst...HE IS HORRIBLE!!!:cuss:
    Whew--There, I needed that! I'm OK now. :D:geaux:

9. JD

JD Founding Member

Mike Patrick is horrible.
    So is Mike Tirico
    the absolute worst in all of sports is Al Michaels.

Michaels and Patrick suffer from the same disease - they do PBP, and color, know more than anyone else, and the other guy in the booth must ask their permission before they can comment. Both also have that same whining voice.

10. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I think that I'm partial to the Ron Franklin crew. Normally they have a pretty decent game and he and his people do a good job of commentating. Plus he's got that 'college football' voice. You know that voice that when you here it on the TV, you know that it is time for some good ole southern college football.