Top 10 Most Embarassing Interview Moments

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Aug 6, 2004.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Top 10 Most Embarrassing Interview Moments

Sports Illustrated has picked 10 of the worst gaffes on TV/Radio interviews with sports figures:

Top 10 Embarassing Moments

You gotta love Tommy Lasorda.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Jim Mora could very well have made that top 10 list for multiple incidents. I wish I had the soundbyte of his old "Everything Sucks" speech after a Saints game once.

3. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Several years ago I heard a great interview gaffe on the radio after a minor league hockey game in Roanoke, Virginia. Roanoke's general manager was a French Canadian named Pierre Paiment, who had never managed the complexities of the English language. He was always interviewed after each game. After one Roanoke victory, the play-by-play man asked Pierre what he thought of the game. Pierre, in his best nasal twang, answered, "Well, 'dey played great hockey tonight. Dey shot 'da puck in and went after it like, ah, like gangbangers."

4. lion22

lion22 Geaux Tigers!

I loved Allen Iverson's interview when he was talking about practice and when Jim Mora was coaching the Colts and he talked about playoffs and when Herman Edwards sayed "you play to win the game, you don't play to just play."