Top 100 Sports Venues

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bhelmLSU, Jun 21, 2011.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Pretty Impressive but not surprised.

Tiger Stadium, 'Box' Among Top 100 Sports Venues - LSUsports.net - The Official Web Site of LSU Tigers Athletics

2. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

Kyle Field at #20 is a bunch of horse*****

3. Dean-O

Dean-O Veteran Member

Don't know why they bothered doing non-US venues if they were going to do so little research on them or rate them so badly. Stamford Bridge at 6 yet Old Trafford and Anfield can't even make the top 100?? Wembley gets an 8.5 for history despite 70 years including a World Cup final?

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Kyle Field is weak. It really is. There are 90,000 there (allegedly), but it sounds like 60,000 because it's open at one end. And don't even get me started on the homoeroticism of the yell leaders.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm with you all the freakin' way on the yell leaders. One time, an Aggie friend of my husband's said, "Well, you must want your kids to be gay," when I told him I'd prefer my kids go to UT over A & M if they HAD to go to a Texas school .

I went on to let him in on my opinion of the yell leaders and other Aggie traditions.

And Kyle Field reminds me of a high school stadium, of sorts. When I went, we walked right in off the street--no big gates or anything like there are at Tiger Stadium. It reminds me of the time, my family walked right into a North Texas game and no one ever bothered to ask us for a ticket (therefore, we never bothered to buy any...)

6. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Impressive, especially with baseball making the list.

:geauxtige

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

And who is this Kyle dude? I'm thinking he's an original yell leader guy.

8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Kind of ironic as we countdown to LSU/Oregon, that these are the only two colleges to have two venues on the list. OU's football stadium and basketball arena ranked ahead of the Box, but behind Tiger Stadium.

9. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

that basketball arena is a palace... just in a very strange location off campus. veryyyy strange. and while the box is nice, it's NOT nicer than the nationals' stadium. not by a very, very long shot. coors field either, for that matter.

10. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Maybe...but LSU has a better team! :hihi:

The Nationals have good fireworks. Unfortunately most miss them because they left early.