Top 12 Non-Conference Games of 2011

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Apr 14, 2011.

1. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

Probably yes because the SEC won so many in a row. Especially with a title game, chances are it happens quite often.

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Actually, it doesn't. LSU is particularly "lucky" that we have the honor of playing Florida each and every year as our permanent East opponent.

Some years, Alabama and Auburn have to play the Gators, but we play them year in and year out. Alabama's permanent opponent is Tennessee; Auburn's is UGA. Now, one could argue that Tennessee and UGA are capable at times of being formidable opponents, but again, they haven't won two BCS titles in the past 5 years like Florida has.

3. Lurking Tiger

Lurking Tiger Founding Member

Just another day in the SECW.

4. bisonduck

bisonduck Freshman

Just an fyi, the graduating class at Oregon will probably be the lightest in awhile for NFL draftees. It was not an exceptionally talented class on an individual basis. Oregon is replacing two senior DT that were natural DE (both 275). The guys replacing them that rotated regularly last year are 325 and 295. The 325 pount NT, Ricky Heimuli, was a high school all american that played regularly as a true frosh last year. He is unblockable in spring right now. I really believe that Oregon will have their best run defense ever next year. I've never seen this much defensive talent accumulated since I became a fan in '92.

5. King Joey

King Joey Founding Member

A quality schedule, no doubt. But really not in the same ballpark as our schedule this year.

Remember, in addition to the neutral site matchup with National Championship Game loser Oregon and the road trip to ranked West Virginia . . . there is still our SEC schedule to manage. And before anyone starts the homerriffic nonsense, think about this: this season, in SEC conference play alone, there will be a 6-game, 4 team round robin of the last FIVE National Champions.

6 games.

4 teams.

The last half-decade of National Champions.

In one conference's schedule.

We could play U-High 4 times this season and have a top 10 toughest schedule.

:eek:ldskule::geaux::eek:ldskule:

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Whatchu talkin bout willis?? :shock:

Did you mean 'historically'? Like HISTORYcally? Because not lately fo sho. Yeah, they'll play USC and tOSU et al, but aside from that, their schedule is typically pretty lightweight. The Service Academies ain't what they used to be...neither is ND. And ND's conference schedule is a joke...:wave:

7. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

Notre Dame doesn't play I-AA teams, which is good. I personally don't feel I-A teams should ever play I-AA teams anyway. ND usually plays a pretty well balanced schedule and I can't really complain about it. There's plenty of teams that have easier schedules than ND.

1 person likes this.
  8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

:hihi:

You clowns see some of the other games on that slate? Top 12 means of interest but playing San Diego State, for example, doesn't make you a world-beater, either.

-Boise State vs. Georgia
    -San Diego State at Michigan

Is a VERY respectable schedule though and props to our people for stepping up. I've been screaming the need to for a long time and I'd put this one against anyone's this year, for sure. Let's wait til seasons-end and see how our OOC opponents fare before we hail it as the STRONGEST EVER.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Tulane?

10. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Agree 100%. That said, I only responded because it was alluded to that their schedule is usually 'tough', which is a vast overstatement. I agree there's teams with weakER schedules.