Top 5 Best Games In LSU Football History

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Geaux5000, Mar 3, 2004.

1. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

saw them when they were "unveiled" at the oregon state game in tiger stadium.....the place went nuts......james had gotten all the press but when hilliard kept piling up yards as well as james (they kept alternating the handoffs) it was like a whole new era had arrived.......jesse miles became 3rd string real fast........

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

If he is in the band now he was probably born about the time Hilliard and James were running wild. Too bad those were great days to be a Tiger fan. I had both guys in one of my classes( one in one class one in another), you never met two more down to earth humble and just plain nice guys in all of your life. Wish James could have stayed healthy in the NFL to see what he could have done, but you couldn't have asked for a better career than Hilliard had. Even playing with the Saints couldn't hold him back.:geaux: :lsug: :D :D :D :D

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Eric Martin as well

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Eric Martin is one of my top five all time favorite LSU players(Saints too). He was one of those guys that defied football logic. All you heard was too slow, too slow, too slow from the football talking heads. All he did was catch the ball, catch the ball and then catch the ball some more. Over the middle down the side it didn't matter. And WOW just like a Timex he could take a likin and keep on tickin!!!! IMO Eric Martin doesn't get near the credit he is due for being a GREAT football player!!!! Anyone know where he is now?:geaux: :lsug: :D :D :D

5. BigRig

BigRig Like a fine box of wine

How about Wendell Davis. Always thought he was one of the better receivers we've had. His one catch against Notre Dame in 86 where he's parallel to the turf was simply beautiful.

6. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

All of these posts show why I don't like "The Best of' anything. LSU has had so many great games and players that it is almost impossible to choose from. Inevitably past stars like Y.A. Tittle, Jim Taylor, Kenny Konz or Steve Van Buren or Doc Fenton will be left out. Great games like the 63 and 66 Cotton Bowls, the 68 Sugar Bowll and so on and so forth. I am proud of every man that has ever worn the P&G and the effort they put out, win or lose, because they are/were TIGERS!!!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

:geaux: :helmet: :lsug: :helmet: :geaux:

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

You're very right Mike, the older ones get left out. We did it when we were young and now the younger ones are doing it. Everyone tends to love the players of their own generation the most and the older guys and games get forgotten by many. But the best part of these posts is that it lets some of the younger ones know about the great teams and players of the past and older guys like myself can get a better feel for some of the newer classic that I wasn't able to attend. The Auburn game was one of the ones I have a new appreciation for. I kind of looked at that team as underachievers as the offense was having a hard time and I thought they would be better that season. But all of the love for that game and of course for the emotion that splilled over when the Winning TD was scored shows a different perspective.

But I still can't believe that Auburn let us run that play 2 times in a row without defending it!!!:geaux: :lsug:

8. CharleyLake

CharleyLake Freshman

1979 LSU-USC

Tigers fell short on the score but I became a fan.

9. turbotiger

turbotiger Founding Member

&%$#.

I feel old.