Top 5 Sitcoms

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by Bengal B, Apr 2, 2004.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

Tom and Jerry rocked as far as Cartoons go, as did the Thundercats

Seinfeld
    Night Court
    Sanford and Son
    Cheers
    Home Improvement

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I would not say the all suck there are some very well written ones but none for kids, although the truth is Bugs Bunny was not meant for kids either, note all the adult humor not nasty but humor only adults would get...
    Spongbob is pretty good, of course you have South Park and those kinds. And the Tick was pretty funny and the Space Ghost stuff.

As for my 90210 love, yes I admit I was sucked into that show big time, in my Frat house in college (KA) we would have watching parties where 20 of us would get together and watch the show, then when I graduated I still watched until the very end.. Yes I know its gay, but man I loved that show, it was so stupid it was great. Sort of like the Movie Roadhouse, so absurd and flat out silly it was great (StoneCold starring the Boz was another movie so piss poor it was great)

3. TexasTigers

Witning, Fwunda !, Norf winds bwo, East winds Bwo !!!!

Oh Silly Wabbit what have I done...

Just pure genius.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Red's sitcom list:

1. The Beverly Hillbillies
    2. Barney Miller
    3. All in The Family
    4. Cheers
    5. M*A*S*H

5. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

Like TexasTiger, I have my teen/adolescent drama that I'm addicted to - DAWSON'S CREEK.

My brother-in-law used to work for WB in N.O. and gives me grief about it. He said the demographics for the show were 13-18 y.o. girls. I just had a thing for Katie Holmes (and yes, I have a DVD and VHS copy of The Gift).

As far as the cartoon genre goes, I will also admit that I am a BIG fan of Southpark and a decent fan of Beavis & Butthead. I "liked" The Simpsons when it first came out, and I don't mind King of the Hill. But, none compare to SouthPark.

Seinfeld will ALWAYS be my favorite sitcom. Nothing else is even close. ALthough I am starting to become a Becker fan now that its shown twice every night (wrapped abound Seinfeld and Frazier) here in N.O. on Fox.

As far as currently running shows, I am becoming a HUGE fan of Cold Cases. It comes on CBS on Sundays right after 60 Minutes. If you haven't watched it, check it out. They always play good music when doing the flashback scenes and the way they morph the characters from their younger selves into their present person is pretty cool.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

man that is crazy talk. beavis and butthead, the simpsons and king of the hill, are all so much better than southpark. southpark is not only not good, it is embarassingly bad and i wish the creators of it would be punched in the face.

7. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

1. Mash
    2. Seinfeld
    3. Cosby Show
    4. Frasier
    5. Married With Children

8. TexasTigers

Cosby show ???

Interesting pick.

I think Sanford and Son has to be in the mix somewhere. That was a great show.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Why do they still show Sanford and Son when they won't allow them to show Amos 'n Andy? For anybody old enough to remember Amos 'n Andy that show was hilarious.

10. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

I don't watch many sitcoms, but my favorite shows are:

1. ER
    2. Any show with CSI in the title
    3. Any show with Law & Order in the title