Top 5 TV Shows of All Time

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Jul 9, 2009.

1. JM Tiger

JM Tiger Founding Member

Viewing parties? Not sure what you mean.

I usually like shows like the Wire, Dexter etc cause while they might be 100% true or real, but could at least feasibly happen! I liked True Blood initially because of the civil/gay rights type movement theme, trying to pretend a similar situation could happen with vampires, a different approach the old story. I think they crossed the line from that new approach into complete fantasy when that woman started vibrating and caused what happened last night (If you watched, then you know what I mean). Haven't been a fan of vampire fantasy since the Lost Boys. Just too many "WTFs" in that show.

I still haven't watched Band of Brothers because I always see them on the guide out of order or edited. Will definitely watch those soon.

Flight of the Conchords was also that short, and I thought the shows weren't as good as the first season. Only thing I can figure is one or both of the shows were short material and they put them together to fill those slots in the same timespan.

2. KevinWS

KevinWS Founding Member

1. Babylon 5
    2. MASH
    3. The Simpsons
    4. The X-Files
    5. 24

Firefly would have been up there if Fox did not kill it by constantly switching its timeslot and by showing it out of order.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

What I mean by viewing parties is that there is such a huge rabid fan base that fans across the country are throwing parties to watch the new episodes as if it was a LSU game. Sopranos was known for that as well.

I can see if you do not like the fantasy stuff, it wouldn't be a show for you. But I consider anything with vampires fantasy. I am a big fan or the creator who did Six Feet Under as well.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It was closure enough. The way they just dropped Deadwood two years early really sucked. There were plot lines going everywhere.

5. bhelmLSU

I am in the minority who felt the last episode of the Sopranos was as good as it could have been. You can't end a series like that without many being disappointed. It was pretty clear to me that Tony is dead and gone after it went black because of the discussion between Tony and Bobby in the 1st episode of the last season.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

great writing, great comedy. i think ive seen every episode. although the newer ones now he has a woman arent as good.

ive always wondered how they get away with the language and innuendos in that show. way past the line than all others yet it continues.

i could watch her with the sound off but ive never seen the show. just cant do it. i do love me some jennifer though.

the sopranos crowd is desperate for HBO to come out with something great again. is this supposed to be next in line?

love this show but havent seen the last season.
    this and sopranos, etc, cant be considered tv shows per se. these are miniseries basically.

7. bhelmLSU

True Blood seems to be that replacement based on the reviews and the ratings so far. I was hooked after the 3rd or 4th episode and the 2nd season has surpassed my expectations so far.

Need to catch up on Californication soon because another season should be starting in the fall and I think they signed on for at least 2 more seasons.

I agree about Band of Brothers, Generation Kill, and The Pacific being miniseries but the Sopranos should be considered a regular series like the others.

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Duchovny is $$$$ in Californication. He's an actor that really excells with great dialogue, unlike so many actors today. Californication has a great cast all the way around, too. Gratuitous nudity only helps.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I just figured that "True Blood" was more of the "Twilight" vampire craze. I could be wrong. I only watched the first five minutes of it, as the bad Southern accents from the show set in Louisiana got on my nerves.

But not as much as the coastal mountains of Louisiana got on my nerves in the Demi Lovato/Selena Gomez Disney Channel movie, "Princess Protection Program." My daughter and I "had words" over this. She argued, "Well, maybe you just haven't SEEN the mountains on the Gulf Coast in Louisiana."

"No kidding, child."

10. bhelmLSU

The accent thing bugged me the 1st few episodes but the show was to good in my eyes for it to ruin it. Plus one of the worst accents is for a reason.