Top 50 NFL Draft Busts

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by bhelmLSU, Apr 18, 2008.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Mike Williams
    Charles White

2. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Tennessee's Heath Shuler (3rd overall pick in 1994, behind Marshall Faulk and Dan Wilkerson) is now a U.S. Congressman. Pretty wild.

3. clair

clair Rockets

you right.

it was def not a 1st day pick.

I disagree with LaFleur being on the list...

He started and was pretty good for a few seasons.

1999 he led the NFC tight ends in touchdowns.

So ESPN majorly dropped the ball putting him on there, b/c for 3-4 seasons, he was a real good tight end.

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I'm surprised Notre Dame's QB Rick Mirer didn't make the list of the Top 50 busts, he was the #2 pick of the 93 draft, only behind Drew Bledsoe, and ahead of ND teammate Jerome Bettis.

5. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Both star running backs at Penn State. Thomas was #2 overall in the 90 draft, Carter was #1 overall in the 95 draft.

6. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Another flop out of Penn State. #7 overall pick in 83 draft, ahead of Jim Kelly (#14) and Dan Marino (#27).

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I wouldn't call LaFleur a complete flop, but the Cowboys were talking about him like he was the second coming, and I never thought he'd be that great. Not great enough to be a first round pick. That's why he was a flop--the round in which he was picked and the enormous hype that the Jerry Jones PR machine cranked out about him.

In fact, I was always partial to Nicky Savoie, who was the other LSU TE during the time LaFleur was a Tiger.

8. sprint213

sprint213 Founding Member

Didn't the Saints draft some guy with the last name of Knight from BYU in the first round one year. I did not see his name.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

anyone not on the left coast knew that. along with jake plummer. both were the next joe montana, meaning talentless asshats who cant run so they have to compare them to the greatest qb ever due to intangibles.

i agree with ginn. i still think meachem will be good.

any list that doesnt have boz or mandarich in top 10 is mistaken. andre ware as well.

i dont care that mandarich played guard later for 2 measly years @ gb.

and yes, lafleur was a bust at LSU so of course he was in the nfl. he was all hype nothing more and never proved a thing but did a great job of impersonating a tackling dummy.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

the word with Meachem was that he wasnt strong enough to get off the line, he would always get jammed in practice and he wasnt picking up the offense fast.