Top College Football City

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LOTTERY, Aug 5, 2004.

1. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

It's just a link of the Top cities but BR is the Number 1 for College football.
    Don't understand the other ranking. I mean what does Hammand have. Nothing against Hammond jsut never thouhgt of it as sports town.

2. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

Question?
    What kind of relationship do the two Baton Rouge Universities have.
    Is it friendly, hostile, exc. or do you just ignore each other?
    Just wondering

3. lion22

lion22 Geaux Tigers!

Bringing back football was the best thing they could have done![/QUOTE]
    I agree!!!:thumb: :D

4. Carface

Carface What the...?

We have a friendly relationship but rarely work together.

Most of the time the Southern fans don't bother the LSU fans and the LSU fans don't bother the Southern fans.

But the Parade of Champions day was awesome. We were all showing love to one another and it brought about an overall great feeling and united Baton Rouge, though maybe for just one day, under one single banner.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Southern and LSU have many contacts and cooperation at the university level. Recognizing courses and credits from the other, exchange classes and such. The athletic departments are also friendly, loaning facilities on occasion and scheduling games in most varsity sports, not football yet. Conversely we no longer play ULL in most sports because of bad feelings.

Fans are mostly for one school or the other, as it is at all schools, perhaps. LSU and Southern are definitely not adversarial. Most politics that benefit one also benefit the other.

6. Carface

Carface What the...?

I saw the Southern football team at the Spring Game. Don't know if LSU returned the favor.

7. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

I can hear those "Harvard on the Bayou" students now....

"We're No. 257 !!! We're No. 257 !!! We're No. 257 !!! " :wink:

8. kpjr80

kpjr80 Founding Member

Nicholls

Nah, they wouldn't pay attention to that. I should know, I spent 5 years down in Thibodaux. More NSU students go to LSU games than go to Nicholls games.

It's pretty sad. You would think that even the weeks that LSU was off SOME people would go to those games!

9. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I cancelled my Sporting News subscription and told them to never send another copy to my house. I was pretty pissy about it.

10. turbotiger

turbotiger Founding Member

I was worse than pissy...

I cussed them out like dogs. worse than dogs actually.

it wasn't because of the cover directly, instead it was because a poster on another board sent them an e-mail and asked why USC was on the cover.

they replied with a real smart a$$ comment like "we wanted the champs on the cover" or something like that, he posted both e-mails. The e-mail reply from them was definetly MEANT to be a slam on LSU they way it was written.

That did it. I called them every name in the book and some that aren't in the book. told them they were queer and I wouldn't be reading their ####ty site or their magazine.

and I haven't.

they never replied.

probably a overreaction on my part, but that comment made me mad and in a matter of minutes I was hitting "send". screw them.

:lsug:
    :champs: