Top ranked Oregon women's basketball team defeats Team USA

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by fanatic, Nov 10, 2019.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/20...ach-kelly-graves-weighs-in-on-final-four.html

On how a Final Four women’s college basketball team would fare against male competition:

“We scrimmage every day against practice guys. All those practice guys played high school basketball. A lot of them are on our club basketball team here. A lot of them were all-conference players in high school. And when we really just get down and scrimmage, it’s a wash. Some days we beat them by a lot. Some days they beat us. But I’ve never understood that argument.

“First of all, who cares? Who really cares?

“... on Duke’s best day they couldn’t come within 35 or 40 points of the Clippers. So what’s the argument? Should we only like NBA basketball because that’s elite? An All-Star college team couldn’t beat an NBA team. I just have never understood... what’s the point? Enjoy it for the competition, for the love of the game, for all the fundamentals and hard work.”

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    ParadiseiNC likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Yes, soccer is gay and boring but a decent high school team from Europe or a Latin country would totally destroy the USA women. You have been watching too many reruns of Billy Jean King beating a 55 year old Bobby Riggs.

I don't hate all women's sports. I like watching the women skiers in the winter Olympics every 4 years. Something about those tight ski suits accentuating their breasts and bootys.

3. GiantDuckFan

did you not see this?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  4. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

no just wrong.

5. GiantDuckFan

except I was right, our coach said what I stated,.. but you won't acknowledge that, because your ego is invested in being right. You insulted me repeatedly, questioned my honesty, and now you show no integrity,.. that's strike three, we're done

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

if the practice squad is all conference hi school players, they would beat the women without any effort. he is either exaggerating or not pointing out that they are not allowed to dunk or play hard, they are tasked with pretending to be the opponent. women cannot play with skilled men, not even the best women.

coach cant tell the truth because people feel insulted by it. i think i have demonstrated that here.

7. GiantDuckFan

the only thing you demonstrated here is your poor character

8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

thanks.