torched auburn fan's van

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bpell, Dec 4, 2001.

1. bpell

bpell Guest

I have been reading that it was confirmed that someone set fire to an auburn fan's van. It has been a fixture at auburn games and was decorated with a tiger tail that someone set fire to during the game. I as a LSU old time fan have become sickened by the behavior of some immature fans. That is not school spirit but a criminal act plain and simple. In the years attending lsu and sec games, I have pulled for sec teams when they played other conferences and I even pull for the Mississippi teams (excpt when they play the tigers) since I live in Ms. The thing I have noticed over the years is a growing disease, not just at LSU but at other schools, as well as the pro's. That disease is called "punks, drunks, and bums". It seems that people take a game as something personal about them. I'm not making an excuse for the criminals that set fire to the van, but it is time to take back the sport from the thugs. I feel like the european soccer thugs have moved to the U.S. I have and I know others have had nasty experiences visiting opponents stadiums. We have to start reclaiming sportsmanship from the drunks and bums. Put these punks in their places rather than applaud their inappropriate behavior. That goes for the inappropriate behavior of the fans and the players. I hope they catch the people who burned the van and deal with them appropriately. Rivalry does not mean war.

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I agree with your post - we have to have more class than the Auburn coaches/players. We should set the bar for class.

But...

I have seen many boards and I haven't seen ANYONE applauding this behavior. Most of the Auburn fans are embarrassed at their coaches/players behavior and ALL of the LSU fans are disgusted by the tail burning. It's a shame that our great university is being marred by the few drunk punks. This behavior is inexcusable.

3. Ed~

Ed~ Founding Member

I hope they catch them also, but how many other teams does this happen to? Does anyone have a link to confirm this? I haven't seen anything in the news. Not that I have been scouring the net though.

Ed

4. AUBoy6920

AUBoy6920 Guest

The trash that is LSU

Lsu fans are the dirtiest, most classless fans I have ever seen in my entire. I dont know if you know of him/her , GEAXlsu. He frequents the WarEagleNation forums and is one of the most vulgar and classless people I have ever met. You should read some of his posts. Also, Not only did our kicker get an instrument swung at him, but a man ( the leader of Tiger Walk) got beer , and a football thrown on him. This man happens to have cancer. Thats class right there. Also, you cursed Tuberville, AND his kids, AND his wife. Man, thats genlemanly. Not to mention a burnt down vehicle, which, the last time I checked is a felony. Good student atmosphere. I have concluded that there have NEVER been more ridiculous, classless acts in a college campus in the history of the game. If you can name any worse heinous acts than these, I would be extremely suprised.

5. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

it is true and if you don't believe me then call the lsupd. This has to be one of the most classless acts i have ever heard of. This kind of stuff doesn't happen at other schools. I hope the people who did this are caught and punished. Also i hope next time we win a big game or any game that our fans/students act with class and act like they expect to win. Classless acts like these make the university look bad. Im not sure who committed the crime, but i know the student body, the faculity, and the team are all appauld by these actions.

6. Ed~

Ed~ Founding Member

Re: The trash that is LSU

Yes, some of those trolls that say they are from LSU in your forum are terrible at best. Try banning octets if your board can do that.

It's simply amazing that Auburn is the only school that this stuff happened to. Maybe you reap what you sow.

Did you actually see Duval get an instrument swung at him? I have it on tape and all I see is him in the middle of the formation getting pushed out by *snort gasp* band members. BWAHAHAHA

To say that throwing a football at someone with cancer makes it worse than what happened. Some idiot threw a football at someone. That's bad enough, but you make it sound like he knew the guy had cancer. That's silly. It's not like the guy had an "I have cancer so please don't throw footballs at me" sign on. It was a moronic act, but don't embellish it.

Have the van stories been substantiated yet? All I have seen are, "Yeah man, it's true", posts. I still have not seen any link to any credible sight. Sorry, but I am not going to call the campus police at LSU. Something tells me they have better things to do than confirm or deny possible internet legends.

Ed

7. BayouBomber

BayouBomber Founding Member

Im sick

For the past few days, all LSU fans, including myself have been talking anbout how classless Auburn and Tuberville are. Then I hear about this. How shameless and stupid can you be? I hope and pray that they catch the immature b@st@rds that did this and send them to Auburn to be prosecuted. Better yet, let them run the gauntlet through LSU fans who are apaauled by this.

8. Flyin' Gator

Flyin' Gator Freshman

My LSU Experience

I had the opportunity to visit LSU in October for the LSU-Florida football game. I had occasion to interact with Tiger fans on message boards before the game and after, and I had a pleasant experience when I visited Baton Rouge.

I brought two high school students from my church's youth group to the game, and we had a good time. Admittedly, I removed all Gator-related insignia from my car for the weekend, because I had seen what had happened to an Auburn car in '94 when I was a student at Florida....Going to church the Sunday following our loss to Auburn, I drove past a parking lot where a car with "AUBURN" written in shoe-polish on the back window had been the unfortunate victim of a cinderblock through the windshield. So, excercising caution, I decided to drive a nondescript car with no Gator markings.

When we arrived in Baton Rouge and walked around campus, we received the traditional one-finger salute from hyped-up LSU students, and a few good-natured jeers. In return, I held up the correct finger to show that we were, in fact, Number 1. It was good-natured, going back and forth, and that's part of the college football atmosphere, especially in the South. I also ran into a few fans willing to talk football and had some good conversations before and after the game.

All in all, we had a great time at LSU. It was a good experience, showed my two guys what big-time college football is all about, and we were treated well by the LSU Faithful. Thanks guys, and good luck this weekend.....I sure wish it was us in that re-match with you, but I'll be watching the game with great interest.

9. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Flyin Gator, yours is typical of 99% of the stories I hear from visiting teams. Same goes for every other SEC team, etc. It's hard for me to believe that our good natured fans suddenly turn into monsters just for Auburn. It makes me wonder if they are all exagerating everything to deflect attention from their own team's/coaches behavior.

If the van burning incident is true, then I, like all true Tiger fans, am appalled. But I have also seen the Auburn claims about the mob assaulting the team and coaches family leaving the stadium. This story cannot be true because there is a chain link fence separating the crowd from the walkway. All it was was a small group chanting "Tiger Bait".

10. TennTiger

TennTiger Guest