Tornado Warnings In Auburn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jeffinbama, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

I am holed up in Birmingham and watching a really tremendous strorm roaring through. They have tornado warnings in Auburn as we speak.

It does not surprise me that a non-accredited university such as Auburn would even consider thinking about playing a football game this week. Their decision making has always been suspect.

Glad God's country survived Ivan.

2. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

Whatever. Has Bama cancelled their game yet?

3. LSUDAN

LSUDAN Founding Member

In B'ham (actually Alabaster), it is reported that over 400,000 people are with out power. Also, the coastal area residents that evacuated have been instructed to wait 48 hours before they try to go home due to high water. Just saw some pictures around the Foley area and Gulf Shores this morning was part of the Gulf of Mexico. We are about to get the brunt of the storm in a few hours and expect power to go out. If Auburn goes ahead with this game it just shows the lack of class and respect for their fellow residents in this state. But should we expect anything less from the University of Miami in Alabama.

LSUDAN

4. TitanTiger (AU)

As of 9am this morning, there are a little over 388,000 without power statewide, 194,000 of them in Mobile/Baldwin counties. My parents live in Montgomery and had their power go out around 2am, but it is back on now. Why don't we wait until the storm has passed before we make snap assessments?

http://www.al.com/weather/stormcentral/

5. LSUDAN

LSUDAN Founding Member

Tell you what bring your arse down here and go through the storm. If not shut your freakin pie hole. I was just reporting what was said on the news. The number without power is going to rise as the day gets worse. Just another Auburn fans show lack of class and compassion for people.

LSUDAN

6. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

No, we will make assessments RIGHT NOW!

RIGHT NOW, the Gulf South has evacuees all over the place. Ivan is also expected to stall in your region bringing torrential rain and flooding. Why don't we just go with common sense and postpone the game since we have an open date. Most LSU fans and many Auburn fans don't want to travel into this kind of weather and post-storm destruction. Get a clue.

7. TitanTiger (AU)

Whatever. If you don't like what I'm saying, there's an ignore button calling your name. I gave you a link to actual numbers and I'm in regular conversation with people who are in the middle of it right now. Like I said, we'll keep level heads about this and wait until the storm has passed to make decisions, whether that's ok with you or passes your "class test" or not.

8. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

There may be an ignore button, but there is no "ignorant" button. Maybe we should put one in just for Auburn fans like you.

9. TitanTiger (AU)

Actually, according to the National Hurricane Center, if Ivan stalls, it will stall in the Appalachian areas of Tennessee, Virginia, N.Carolina, or Kentucky.

[​IMG]

By tomorrow morning, it is tracked to be in Tennessee and by Saturday morning, somewhere around the Kentucky/Tennessee border. So why don't we allow the people who actually get to make these decisions, fully informed by all the considerations involved, make the call when they feel they have all the facts? Sounds like a much better plan than listening to a bunch of armchair weathermen spouting off on message boards.

10. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Let's see how level your head is when

a tornado from this Hurricane ... will still be a hurricane over Auburn ... rips through and kills hundreds ... maybe someone in your family ... azzhole