Toronto Saints?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by Texas_Tiger, May 5, 2011.

1. Texas_Tiger

Texas_Tiger Tiger Stuck in Aggie Land

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

edit: read the comments that are attached to that article. Seems like everyone is in agreeance that the Saints ain't goin nowhere.

4. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

I don't care if it is LA, San Antonio or Toronto, if the Saints move, I'll be first in line for two things, to help them pack (this move game has been played too much) and to get a Falcon's jersey.

Personally, I don't see them moving as a Super Bowl in New Orleans is the best venue ever and a Super Bowl in Toronto in Feb is plain stupid.

5. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

as soon as that story broke, the Saints released a press release saying that "Reports about the Saints as a potential team moving to Toronto are completely false" and Saints spokesman Greg Bensel called the idea of the Saints moving to Toronto "laughable." :lol:

6. ragincajun1987

ragincajun1987 Founding Member

Why would Toronto get a team before LA???!

7. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Canada hates American football, hence the very unpopular CFL. I can't even believe this is a story.

8. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

Buffalo is the only team that would be able to be moved to Toronto. They just started playing a home game there a few years ago. I think it depends on who the owner is. Terry Pegula just bought the Sabres and he's really rich and wants the Sabres to win, so maybe he would be a buyer for the Bills if they were ever for sale and would prevent a move.

The Saints wouldn't ever end up in Toronto. Canadians do like football though, just not as much as hockey.

9. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

This is quite possibly the ABSOLUTE LAST thing I would ever say...ever. Seriously, if you want to be a FAILcon fan, you should go ahead and do it now. Believe me, they have room for ya.

10. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Look for San Diego to relocate to Los Angeles as the first possible move.

Jacksonville and Minnesota have issues and could eventually lose their team.

Regarding Toronto...buy the Directv NFL package if you want to see football because it won't be coming to a (not even built) stadium near you anytime soon.