torre/dodgers land andruw

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by tirk, Dec 6, 2007.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

2 years 36 million.

id guess mr jones cost himself about 80 mill batting .200 in his contract year.

now all they need is johan.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

boras is good...

better per year than i thought, but damn, this is in his prime...oh well, he will be okay.

3. clair

clair Rockets

Andruw goes to the land of bad contracts... Kevin Brown and Juan Pierre are a few that come to mind.

I wish you all the worst, Mr. Jones. Had you actually cared this year, the Braves could have maybe won the NL East.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Why would you question whether he cared?

Hell yeah he cared, it was his contract year. He just couldn't fix his swing problems this season. I had him on my fantasy team and he killed me all year long (as he was my 2nd round pick). So I remember this bastid's year all too well. Dodger stadium is not a hitters ballpark. He shoulda picked a better park to hit in.

18 mill is overpaying. I just don't think he has it anymore. He sure isn't the defensive magician he once was as he is somewhat slower afoot these days. Might have to do with the Miguel Cabrera School of Overeating.

5. clair

clair Rockets

nah... he didn't care... if he cared, he wouldn't have ballooned in weight.

If he cared, he wouldn't have been so stubborn and would have hit the ball to right field, instead of trying to pull everything, b/c that's what "Boras" wanted.

TigerBait can vouche for this, b/c he is a fellow fan.

How many times this past year did Andruw strike out, or GIDP, when all he needed to do was hit the ball to the right side to get an RBI?

6. tirk

He was in the best shape of his career last yr. He just pressed in a contract yr. Of course he cared-about the money.

7. clair

clair Rockets

:lol:

that's very, very laughable. VERY laughable.

April and May he was looking pretty lean, but you didn't watch much of the Bravos from June-Sept, b/c he got real thick and it clearly hurt his speed both on the field and swinging his bat.

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I will say this, and it pains me to do so...

But by July I would pray that Francoeur would be up there instead of Andruw. And Francoeur is a guy that used to only pull it or strikeout, but you can see he actually tried to go both ways, and can now do so successfully. It is really not that hard to try.

9. tirk

I watched and he did add wght but his play was the same from march to sept.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I wasnt' aware Francoeur was bisexual. And it started out as an experiment, even more interesting. Good for him.