Total Adblock

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by VHSTigerGrad, Feb 25, 2021.

1. VHSTigerGrad

VHSTigerGrad Freshman

As most know, I don't profess to be a computer expert. I tried Total Adblock an a trial basis. At the end of the trial period, I decided not to purchase it. I continue to get annoying pop ups from them. I've searched my computer for any files that I could find & delete and get rid of them with no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

2. VHSTigerGrad

VHSTigerGrad Freshman

I just received an email from those as*holes @ Total Adblock. They told me they don't offer customer support to "free" customers. To say I'm pissed is an understatement. I told them their product sucked & I wouldn't buy it if I was a millionaire. I also told them I was going to spread the fact that their customer service sucks on the Internet. Before anyone asks, I've tried Internet search engines for help/solutions with no luck.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Chances are it is installed under a different name. Get to your "Control Panel" and then find "Programs/Features" and then "uninstall programs" You will have to figure out which one is the bandit. Good luck, it will be hidden and may not be in there at all. It is most probably an add on or a google extension.

If you have a reputable virus protection like macafee or norton that is probably all that you need. If you are behind a vpn that is even better and you shouldn't need any of that shit that is advertised in the sidebar of a web page. That shit is ALWAYS fake, I literally know every single person that lives within a 1 mile radius of me and see ads all of the time that says "Susan wants to have sex with you right now and she is only .5 miles away" yeah it isn't true!

4. VHSTigerGrad

VHSTigerGrad Freshman

I looked at the uninstall programs and don't see any recent programs that look suspicious. I have Norton Lifelock which includes a VPN. I've tried multiple search engines with no luck.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe Susan isn't her real name. You better check it out.

KyleK and shane0911 like this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Ya think?

Bengal B likes this.
  7. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

I would look through the Norton community board or look for social media posts about the company. Not sure if your Norton subscription includes free service rate but they have been great for me. I was going to recommend my ad blocker but apparently they no longer exist. Funny, it's still working great on my system. Had it for years. Got it free through CNET. Might look there for a free ad blocker, it may knock those down.

Bengal B likes this.
  8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Just restore the computer to before the time to out installed the program. Easy

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Try the Brave Browser. Its serious. In fact, some pages I have to use a different browser to access because of the scripts they run Brave just blocks it.

https://brave.com/features/