Total BS, NCAA gives Dvoracek a medical redshirt

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Jan 21, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I cannot believe these guys. They give White a mediccal redshirt last season and now this guy gets one even though he wasn't injured but just a thoug. And numerous accounts of him terrorizing people came up after this last incident but the NCAA still see's fit to give him another year. But they deny Mario Stevenson a medical redshirt even though he was actually hurt playing football and will limit him to only one year at LSU.

Total BS. :angry:

NCAA BS

2. friday

friday Founding Member

who is Dvoracek? sounds like a european bb player.

3. smoovedog

smoovedog Founding Member

I agree about Dvaordaoadanadnak, total thug...
    So Stevenson was not awarded a redshirt? Thats a load of manure.....

4. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Dusty Dvoracek, a guy who was arrested and suspended by Stoops for beating up some people in a bar yet still gets a medical redshirt.

JW did deserve his though....

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

How do you get a medical redshirt and you are not injured?

Anyone have any info on this?

6. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

If I'm not mistaken, he's got the crazies, so technically, or "politically correctly" he has a "medical" problem where in he beats the crap out of his friends when he's drunk because he's depressed.

Similar to Barrett Robbins who, when he gets depressed, goes on drinking binges in Mexico, attempts to rob offices and beats up detectives and security guards.

It's a fragile situation. You don't want to alienate the loonies but we also don't want to have more people get hurt because of their "illness".

Apparently the perfect cure for the crazies is to just let Diamond Dusty play ball.

:thumb:

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Ok, so basically in about another 5 years we're gonna hear a story about him attempting to murder a couple of cops in Florida.

Cool.

8. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

Yeah, that's about the same way I see it.

But we have to remember to make him feel comfortable while he is commiting crimes because of his "illness", if we don't we open ourselves up for a lawsuit that would make Johnny Cochrane get wood.

:D

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

It is a story that disgusts me!!

Dvoracek got into a fight with a friend and the guy was hurt so bad he was in intensive care for a few days (I think with a head injury) and in the hospital for a week. It only came to light after some one (another friend of the kid that got beat up) leaked the story to the press. The kid he beat up declined to press charges so the DA in Cleveland Country didn't press charges. Dvoracek is lucky the kid didn't die. I wonder if the spineless DA would have pressed charges then?

After that came to light, stories started surfacing about other incidents. It seems that in all the cases, the kids on the receiving end of the beating get their hospital bills paid, and so they decline to press charges. This thug has had people covering up for him for who knows how long, and behavior doesn't change. Each time it happens, Dvoracek has been drinking.

And there is your reason for the redshirt status. While suspended, Dvoracek supposedly received "counseling" for "alcohol abuse and anger management". I have my doubts to how in depth the counseling was, but that hasn't been made public. True treatment for alcoholism is medical. But, I have never heard the words alcoholism or treatment used. That and vagueness over what kind of help he got make me wary that anything will change. But it made a good excuse for a redshirt.

10. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

So when Cecil the diesel gets out from behind bars, he can get a couple of years of eligibility back? HHMMM...interesting.