Total BS, NCAA gives Dvoracek a medical redshirt

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Jan 21, 2005.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

There was a story about this in the paper here in OKC today. I didn't see it before I posted my reply.

Some of the high - or should I say low - lights...

Dvoracek says "The people at OU held me to a high standard before I was considered for a return..." - I don't know whether to laugh or gag at that one.

A medical hardship waiver based on alcoholism was requsted by OU and granted on Dec. 18. - First time I have seen the word alcoholism used.

Dvoracek said "It was a hard lesson to learn, but I learned it." - I certainly hope so. For the sake of anyone he might be tempted to beat half to death.

Per Dan Cody, friend and fromer teammate "He wants an opportunity to proved to everybody that the whole deal that went down was bad timing on a lot of aspects and things." - Bad WHAT? How about incredibly bad judgement!

Also per Cody "He has got an opportunity to make a very nice living playing football professionally. But it's not just all about that. He'll tell you that too." - The first sentence of that statement, finally, the truth. The second and third, I hope that is true too.

I would post a link, but for some insane reason, I can't log-in to the Daily Oklahoman web site. But the site is www.newsok.com

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

Ok so stevenson didnt get a medical redshirt for sure? If so thats about the gayest thing ever.

3. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

As a Sooner fan, I don't really care if he got second chance or not. I wouldn't have been upset if he was denied it. I'm not jumping up and down with joy that he did.

Apparently he has a problem with alcoholism and anger management. He's receiveing clinical help with both. Weird thing is that he gets wasted and beats the **** out of his best friend and and in another case friends of the family or something. No one has ever pressed charges though. Weird deal all together.

And yes, Jason White deserved both medical reshirts because of his knees.

4. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

maybe he sprained a wrist pounding on people's heads in the bar fight? :thumb:

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I'm not saying White didn't deserve to be given another year, but I am saying that the NCAA appears to be very arbitrary in making these decisions and they don't give any reasons for their decisions which makes them seem even less trustworthy. Why let White have 6 years to complete 4 and deny Stevenson 3 years to play only 2?

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Mr. Peabody, I really like reading your comments.

But you are right about wierd on who he has beat up and no charges pressed. From everything I have read, the adults around him (probably his parents) have cleaned up after him his whole life. Hospital bills get paid for the kids he beats up, and it is all swept under the rug. To me, that has been almost as bad as the crap he pulls. I hope the people that have helped him get away with beating people up get counseling too. They sure need it!

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

this is why I'm so against the NCAA when it comes to sports issues.
    They have their favorites and piss on everyone else.
    The same thing happens with enforcing sanctions etc.

I wish someone outside of the system could make the decisions and enforce them as well.
    It would then be fair for everyone!

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

C'mon, Peabody. I'm a little disappointed with that response. I know I'm not in a situation where the roles were reversed and it was one of our players in that predicament, I would like to think that I would be a little less forgiving.

Some of these atheletes, mostly in the pros, but more and more recently, in college, feel that they are above the law and above following the same rules and getting the same punishment as the rest of us.

No matter what the NCAA granted, Dvorecek's reputation is tarnished. :dis:

9. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

He would fit perfectly on Miami next to Willie Williams

10. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member