Total Team Breakdown Feel Like We Are Better Team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Respectfully disagree on the sweeps. I like getting the ball to a really fast WR and seeing what happens. Those were some 50+ yard plays last year. Lord knows LSU rarely gains 50 on a conventional pass play.

2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

And those guys are gone, ergo my point is valid.

3. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

You are so typically boring with the same forever worn out montra "our offense lacks imagination" you sound like a freaking parrot. What a simpleton view. You guys are all the same. You never mention defense why cause it easy to pick on the offense but hard to pick on the defense. Did you know we threw the ball 34 times and tried to throw the ball 12 more times? Did you know penalties killed 2 drives and a fumble killed another drive, was that E's fault? Did you know Jeaux got sacked 5 times, was that E's fault? Did you know we were ahead 19 to 13 with 8:50 left in the game but the defense allowed Fla to score, was that E's fault?

Sorry there 87 but your points make no sense and is a simpleton's view of offensive football.

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Racey McMath can't block like a TE and Jeaux needed blocking Sat. I bet Fla knew our weakness at TE and made sure to alway cover ours so it would be hard to throw to him. Also to create a good screen pass you need a cohesive OL and we don't have that this year. We have a patchwork of guys coming in and out and having to play other positions making it hard to make that play work well.

5. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

I'll think better of responding to you in the future if you can't cool it on the insults.

I'm sorry to be critical of the 80th ranked offense in the nation. And I'm sorry for questioning the wisdom of hiring a guy whose last full time job as an OC anywhere was the 1998 Clemson Tigers (3-8 record). I have to assume Steve E is your cousin or something. I'd defend a family member too.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    GregLSU, COTiger and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

it is becoming harder and harder to have any type of convo around here with this type of stuff...why not be somewhat cordial?

lsu-i-like, GregLSU and COTiger like this.
  7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

If I had a dollar for every time I saw a Gator defender bust through a wide open O line gap, I could retire. Oh wait, I'm already retired. I place most of our offensive woes on the O line. Unfortunately I don't see it getting any better any time soon considering our remaining opponents.

8. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

well the blueprint was shown by fla. Blitz almost every play and fake it when you don't.

we never used plays to work against a blitz.

1 screen pass in the middle before half got 16 or so but we needed 20.

Quick screens and crossing routes help your qb when you are under assault.

Burrow either held it too long or was running for his life. Seems like there was never an outlet or back in flats.

9. kcal

kcal Founding Member

frustrating that the plays to moreau were snake bit and I hoped that curry would have gotten more than 1 carry...he's become the designated carrier for loss.

that game was a whole lot of coulda, woulda, should ya

I think being hungry is best for this team