Total Team Breakdown Feel Like We Are Better Team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Agree they did slap our offense tackles a bit especially # 77.

2. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Charles was a step behind all day. Deculus was a step early too often.

3. didit

didit Veteran Member

And we still don't use the middle 3rd of the field... Backs and tight ends over the middle, little dump off passes over the rush would really be beneficial... We run mostly go routes and deep outs.. jeaux needs to get his QB clock checked.. It's clearly running slow... Also, fuck Florida got away with lots of holding yesterday... Be nice if they ever called it the same both ways... Geaux

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

So in your opinion, running up and hurling yourself into the guys legs with your shoulder, hoping you knock him down, is sound tackling fundamentals to you?

lsu-i-like likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Look before the season I was a guy that thought this experiment would fail. Thus far I’ve been proven wrong. Everyone loses games we are still 5-1 with a chance to win the conference after half the season is over. Now we could have a huge uphill battle if we lose next week, but I expected LSU to be at the best 4-2 right now worst 3-3 going into Georgia. LSU just didn’t play this past Saturday. We didn’t get pressure, we didn’t tackle, couldn’t stop the run, couldn’t pass protect, gave up chunk passes we normally don’t give up. The stars aligned for Florida. Still have a lot to play for, and finishing 9-3 ain’t gonna be that bad y’all, not for me personally anyway because a strong 2019 recruiting class can make a world of difference for the 2019 season and let’s be honest. Who other than the people who always think LSU will go undefeated every year thought we would be 5-1 right now?

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I expected to beat Miami and lose to Auburn. I rated the Florida game a tossup with us having a slight edge. That was before half the season played out. A lot of people pick us to be 7-5. I said either 8-4 or 9-3 and at this point I would be satisfied with 9-3, ecstatic at 10-2 and very disappointed at 7-5 or 8-4. But how many of those 7-5 predictors had revised their expectations after the Auburn game? Probably a lot. Now nobody is going to be happy with less than 9 wins.

Winston1 likes this.
  7. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

This is a very disappointing loss and this thread has explained the reasons why the game was lost. I don't think that this will be the last football game that LSU will lose this season. However, LSU must make certain that this is the last game this season that they should have won, but didn't.

We thought that we were good enough to win this one. The point spread agreed. That's why this is a very disappointing loss.

8. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

My opinion contrary to popular belief is thst other teams have really good and some great backs that make tackling hard. 2 just left us for the pro's Fournette and Guice. Bad tackling was not why we lost the game we lost the game because of what I posted here look it up if you like.

9. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Things dont always happen because it's supposed to. We werent supposed to beat either Miami or Aub but did. These talking heads who we are supposed to listen to about what's supposed to happen are wrong a lot of the time sometimes most of the time. Ga and Bama are supposed to beat us and probably will but Ga just may lose to us and that is not supposed to happen. Better get used to things not happening like it supposed to happen as far as the SEC.

leroy7500 likes this.
  10. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

I think Florida and LSU are the exact same team statistically so I'm not so sure we were the "better team", but people always seem to say that after losses. Not sure why. These two teams being almost mirror images of each other and with Florida at home, yeah, it was gonna be a coin flip.

In any event, LSU's not any different than they were before this game. Good, not dominant defensively and just OK on offense. At least we attempt to throw the ball now. Our QB is better than any we've had since Mett. And we have a really good kicker. Injuries on defense and offensive line have hurt us.

I thought we'd lose to Auburn and that Florida would be a coin toss. We are exactly where I thought we'd be. I never believed we were a top 5 team, and I still don't. But, we have a great chance to exceed expectations this season and set up next season, with a bunch of people coming back and a good recruiting class. I think 9-3 or 8-4 against this schedule would be really good, so just enjoy the season.

didit and LSU_4_LIFE like this.