Tough Decision....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Berge, Mar 27, 2006.

?

Who are you pulling for LSU to face in the NC?

1. George Mason

21 vote(s)
    39.6%
  2. Florida

32 vote(s)
    60.4%
  1. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Can't make up my mind.....win against GM, you hear "well, they weren't that good. Just had a "good" streak.

Go against the gaytors and win, you hear, "well our guys just couldn't get fired up since we beat you twice already."

And Lord forbid, lose to them again and you will hear how we beat probably your best team ever three times that season------the last one for ALL THE MARBLES.

2. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I generally always root for the SEC team and this was a very tough decision because an LSU-Florida matchup would be incredible. But we have played Florida twice this year and they have beaten us twice. If we want LSU to win the NC, George Mason is our best bet. Of course, there is another way to look at it. The odds of Florida beating LSU three times this year is what? Considering our two loses to Florida, I am sure the Tigers would be highly motivated in the game.

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Nothing personal, but those voting for FLA are nuts.

Why on Earth would you pull for perhaps the one team in the country that's a matchup problem for LSU instead of some bubble team that got hot at the right time...and cannot possibly win 2 more games against this caliber of competition.

I'm pulling for the Patriots so hard on Saturday it's not funny. Mason's a nice story, but one reason LSU is where it is right now is teams not familiar w/ TT and Big Baby, et al cannot adjust enough over 40 minutes to compensate. Florida's another story, of course.

Screw SEC loyalty, I want an LSU national championship...something more likely to happen against George Mason on Monday than a white-hot Florida team that gives us fits every time they go to a 2-3 zone.

4. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

I agree with TT. I want a national championship first, and I think the match-up with GM is the team we would want to face. However the payback with Florida would be sweet....a NC and payback. GM does use a zone (3-2) at times. They used it against NC and Conn I know. However, Larranaga is known for his full ct man scramble defense, which they use the majority of the time.

Let's take care of business first!

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I'll be wrapped up in my Cinderella blanket during the Florida / George Mason game.