Toughest Hurdle

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, May 12, 2004.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I would have to agree with many here and say Florida, Green may get all the pub but he isn't a pimple on Leaks a$$ and Leak will only be better this year while Green reached his maximum potential two seasons ago. However I don't think the Gayters are where we are talent wise and we should have NO problem getting motivated for that game. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Florida, Georgia, and Auburn on the road will all be tough. If LSU gets through that slate undefeated, they will be the undisputed 800-pound gorilla. I still think Georgia will be the most talented team with the best coach that we will face. And it is hard to beat a good team three time in a row. Georgia will be the test.

Florida will be strong and dangerous, but they are also inconsistent and can be had on a good day. We can take them.

Auburn will be tough at home, but I don't think they have the depth to compete for the title. We can take them.

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Yeah, everyone knows that the powerhouse from Oregon is by far the toughest game on our schedule. :confused:

If you're trying to take a Saban approach to it, you're getting it all wrong. He's says the next game is the most important, not the toughest.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

My guess would be 1....the middle one.

5. islstl

I am perplexed by the combination of those 2 statements. Wow.

6. islstl

TE, you make very valid points about Chris Leak and the trouble he presents to our defense.

The only thing I can say is at the point we played Florida last year our defense was still not close to clicking 100 %. Jack Hunt was out that game, and Daniels was not the same cornerback he ended up being at the end of the season. We had never really known what a Justin Vincent could do, in fact he was thrown into the fire in the game when Carey and Addai were both injured. With all that said, LSU still had a chance midway through the fourth quarter to win that game.

LSU has revenge on its mind when we play Florida next year. Georgia has double revenge on its mind when they play LSU. Based on that alone, besides the fact that Georgia is a more solid team with a much better coach, Georgia will be our toughest opponent. The kicking game could end up being crucial. I just hope we resolve all of our problems in that area.

7. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Saban owns Richt. End of story. LSU is bigger, better and faster. Just watched another replay of the Track meet in the Georgia dome. With an improved OL and running attack this year, the Dawgs are in for another track meet. Can GA hang with LSU?

I do not believe they can.

When GA cannot stop the LSU ground attack and gets whipped up front all game long, they are in for a long afternoon in Athens and another repeat of the SECCG.

The big game and preview to the SECCG will follow.

Florida. The Tigers will be ready for a 60-minute war & payback.

I can't wait

8. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I like you Ramah, you're one of a kind. :thumb:

9. Obi-Wan Tiger

Obi-Wan Tiger Founding Member

I look for more teams to use no huddle against us because of our mass substitutions. What do y'all think Saban will do to counter this?

10. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Actually I was being sarcastic. Every time this discussion comes up someone pulls out the old Saban quote. I am sure glad you were around to get me straight on that quote. Thanks.