TOwned

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by CajunPunk, Oct 8, 2007.

1. clair

clair Rockets

watch film. watch the splits. Owens is limited to what he can do, b/c the safety is always spying on him. he is ALWAYS having 2 guys watching over him, leaving Crayton and Witten always single-teamed.

I won't lie, he is dropping passes. That is a problem, but my point is:

Last year you all said Glenn was better: we're proving we can win without him now.

This year, it is that Crayton is better: and if he were to get injured, i'm real sure the results would be mainly the same.

The constant is Owens. The #1 DB is always on Owens. You can say he drops passes, you can say he has lost a step, all of the following may be true, but what he does for your offense just in terms of attention from the defense is worth it.

No one can say a damn thing about his mouth so far, either, because he was the 1st one to go to Romo after EVERY int.

Edit: to sum up what I am saying: If Dallas plays the Broncos, Champ Bailey will be on Owens and would probably hold him to 3-4 catchs for 50-60 yards.

Crayton would get the #2 guy and get probably 5-6 catches for 80 yds.

If you think Crayton would do better on Bailey than Owens would do, then you're nuts. point blank.

Any DB, coach, or player in the NFL would tell you it's true, also.

2. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

I never paid attention to TO before he came here. Has he always dropped balls? It was so frustrating last night because he seemed to have the ball.... then he didn't.

Still nice win. Takes all the pressure off for next week.

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Definitely. It's a concentration issue, and he had it in SF and Philly. Then he makes plays that few other WRs can make. It's a trade-off.

Of course, he's only had bums for QBs, like Garcia, McChoke, and now the new kid. :hihi::wink:

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Ok. But single-teamed does not necessarily equal 'open.' You just phrased it like they were taking one guy off of Crayton completely so that he could guard TO.
    That is THE point. He could have 6 guys covering him, but that still wouldn't be an excuse to drop passes that hit him in the hands.
    Not here to debate TO's impact on an offense, not at all. In fact, since he keeps his mouth shut (for the most part), he's back on my good side again. I love watching him play, and I love his antics that don't involve trashing members of his own team. What he said in response to the camera/football stunt was hilarious. It's just that, for such a premier reciever, I can't figure out why he still drops so many passes.

5. clair

clair Rockets

the game Owens became famous was in SF in the playoffs against green bay.

he dropped like 6-7 passes in a row, but Young went to him on like the last play in the endzone and he caught it for the win.

it's like he says in his book: "Before that play, he was Terrell Owens, after that play, he became T.O."

but yes, drops have always been a problem. He is always trying to get too much YAC.

You can't get YAC if you don't get the "C" part.

6. PhilosophyAskew

PhilosophyAskew Founding Member

About to be 5-1 after Moss and Brady get through with them. I wouldn't mind seeing Dallas win, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

7. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

retard

1 person likes this.
  8. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

It was a dig at clair. I think he got it too.

9. clair

clair Rockets

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

T.O. is the best receiver in the NFC and 2nd in the NFL only to Randy Moss.

With drops not an issue this year and attitude not an issue, what will the haters say?

let's find the next excuse.

8-1.

10. PhilosophyAskew

PhilosophyAskew Founding Member

I'm glad that he finally decided to keep his mouth shut. I like TO but he looked real silly after running his mouth and dropping balls. This "mellow" version is much better.