Tradition Matters....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUsupaFan, Nov 21, 2013.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I'm just messing around. It's all good brotha!

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I seem to really WANT this?

UMMM, when did I say that?

ALL I said was I can see WHY the younger generation acts the way they do given the TV, Internet, songs, etc that they ALL listen too.

3. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Is that a tiger's dick you just sucked wrapped around the back of your neck?

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I was at LSU 25 years ago, and any time that Florida State came to town (because we played them regularly when I was a student), when their band played the tomahawk chop, the LSU student section would sing, "Fuck the Seminoles, Fuck the Seminoles."

It wasn't classy, and I wouldn't do it now--but kids sometimes have bad judgment.

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Yeah, and you could see that in response to a taunting chant like the tomahawk chop. But, some of the recent stuff that is not responsive is a bit much. I don't know, I just turned 47, so maybe I'm just getting to be a grumpy old man.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You can clearly hear the suck that tiger's dick beyotch in the CST replay on during Neck. Well not clearly but you can tell that's what's going on. Lol, they'll just find another way to riff another song.... Blame Weird Al Yankovic.

7. Herb

Herb Founding Member

LSU should have security peeps in the student section when the band plays the neck and get the student ID of anyone singing vulgar lyrics then expel them from the university.

If the students can't live up to the code of conduct, they can go finish their degree at USL, ULL, etc.

I'd be willing to bet that after the 1st 15-20 students get expelled, that crap would come to a screeching halt.

shane0911 likes this.
  8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Well, it is not quite the same, but at USNA 70 - 74 the brigade of midshipmen would march on the field, and look to the upper deck for flag symbols to take off our covers (hats) and spell something. When the flags went up we all said "Drop" and when they came down, those that were to do so, took off their covers, and we all said "trou." Get it, drop trou. Seemed pretty stupid at the time, even moreso now.

Normally, the words were lost in the open air, band, noise, etc. Once, however we played in the enclosed RFK stadium in Washington, a bowl, 360. I don't know what it was but the acoustics were perfect, the "DROP TROU" was crystal clear. I remember watching the officers up in the stands start twitching, rotating and radiating and thinking "Oh shit!' I was pretty intuitive, if I say so myself.

9. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Don't make fun; it's a condom.

10. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

A quarter of the students did not even show for A&M. The AD should take back their seats and sell them. Let the band play whatever they want. Across the stadium we can't even hear what the students are chanting. Juveniles will be juveniles.