Trai Turner entering NFL Draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 13, 2014.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I think that's a rule that needs to be changed. Like @shane0911 says, I think you can do it in basketball, so why not football? Both sports are governed by the NCAA, so there's no reason that I know of to allow in one sport, but not the other. As long as their not represented or no money is exchanged, give the players an opportunity to return to school once these marginal kids get a dose of reality and realize another year in school can only help them.

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Many think that he won't get drafted, there is a good chance that he could get drafted, later rounds. Will start to get a little more info as we get closer to draft time.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Right and it's why I believe the rule should be changed. Like most kids playing ball at an elite program, he's probably got an overinflated value of himself, despite what scouts etc are saying. If he doesn't get drafted, then what? He should be able to return to the team as long as he hasn't done anything to violate his amateur status.

shane0911 and LSUDad like this.
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I think the final number is 98 players coming out early, that's a 37% increase from last year. What players are doing now is playing for that second year, playing to get that bump in pay.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member