Transparency...anyone see it?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Mar 18, 2015.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No. You are saying that and it doesn't even make sense.

I was very clear about what I said.

2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Sure buddy. The bottom two are funny.

• Centralize Ethics and Lobbying Information for Voters: Obama and Biden will create a centralized Internet database of lobbying reports, ethics records and campaign finance filings in a searchable, sortable and downloadable format.
    • Require Independent Monitoring of Lobbying Laws and Ethics Rules:Obama and Biden will use the power of the presidency to fight for an independent watchdog agency to oversee the investigation of congressional ethics violations so that the public can be assured that ethics complaints will be investigated.
    • Create a Public “Contracts and Influence” Database: As president, Obama will create a “contracts and influence” database that will disclose how much federal contractors spend on lobbying, and what contracts they are getting and how well they complete them.
    • Expose Special Interest Tax Breaks to Public Scrutiny: Obama and Biden will ensure that any tax breaks for corporate recipients — or tax earmarks — are also publicly available on the Internet in an easily searchable format.
    • Sunlight Before Signing: Too often bills are rushed through Congress and to the president before the public has the opportunity to review them. As president, Obama will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House Web site for five days.
    • Shine Light on Earmarks and Pork Barrel Spending: Obama’s Transparency and Integrity in Earmarks Act will shed light on all earmarks by disclosing the name of the legislator who asked for each earmark, along with a written justification, 72 hours before they can be approved by the full Senate.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

that is pretty funny.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

This isn't a Dem vs. Rep thing for me. They all suck. To think that they would allow anyone to change their path to fortune is a pipe dream.

5. red55

So which ones do you imagine that he failed to do?

6. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Go to sleep. It is clearly passed your bedtime.

7. red55

Like I said. You got nuthin'.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

You cannot be this dumb.

"we have to pass this bill to know whats in it"

shane0911 likes this.
  9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well yeah, then there is that. Of course it is a beautiful thing, you know, no glitches and it is so cheap ya know.

10. red55

You keep avoiding the questions and changing the subject. This discourse is going nowhere. I'm done.