Travis Daniels quote

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ARTiger, Oct 21, 2003.

1. ARTiger

ARTiger Founding Member

I noticed this quote on some of the posting signatures. When did he say this? I think that's cool.

"I play for the name on the side of my helmet, not the one on the back of my jersey." - Travis Daniels

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I saw it in an article in the Advocate. Im not sure when he said it exactly. It was earlier this year sometime.

3. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

Wasn't it after the uga game?

4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I thought it was before that, but you may be right. I went to the Advocate website, but I didnt see archives readily accessible.

5. Hub

Hub Founding Member

There was an article about freshmen contributing this year. Pittman, Landry, etc. They used Travis Daniels as the example in the article. They had some quotes from him and it came from him telling the frosh that.

6. bengal007

bengal007 Freshman

I thought that quote had something to do with him giving up his redshirt to play in the SEC championship in 2001.

7. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I guess I could have elborated more. They used him as the example b/c he had given his rs at the end of his freshman season. He was talking about how as frosh you never know when you are going to have to play and you should always be prepared, yada, yada. Somewhere in there he through out the quote.