Travis Daniels to play Safety?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MALONE121212, Mar 19, 2004.

1. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

In dandy's report today he figures travis daniels will play safety. I think this would be a big suprise if this happens. Do you think Dandy messed up or is this what he is hearing?

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

And I am going to take his place at Cornerback!!!

That would be the most shocking move Saban could make other than moving JR to Defensive End.

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

He is a senior with a lot of experience at both FS and CB positions. We lost Jack Hunt back there, and I think that's probably right on target.

Do you want a freshman back there?

4. cajdav1

So we take the second best returning corner back in the country, behind Webster, and move him to safety even though the biggest move we made last year was moving him to CB, which enabled us to play man to man press and freed up our blitz package to work the way it was designed too. Don't think so. Did you watch the Sugar Bowl? when the announcers said, OK OU fans, who are you going to throw the ball too? And Daniels and Webster were blanketing the top wideouts on OU in man on man coverage, our LB's were blitzing so OU was keeping the backs in to block and the safeties were doubling the other guy?

5. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

Our ability to be able to leave our corners on an island is what enabled us to win it all. It gave so much freedom to our d-line and our lb. The only way Francis starts at corner is if he is better than daniels which I have a hard time believing.

6. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Coach Saban may feel that Mario Stevenson is good enough at corner to make the switch. If this is the case, NOBODY and I mean NOBODY is going to be able to pass the football on our secondary.

7. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Saban has always been real high on Daniel Francis. I thought he would play FS this year. He would be a big corner just like Cweb and TD. I guess we will here something tomorrow

8. cajdav1

The list of the best 4 CB's in the nation last year:

1 Nathan Vasher, Texas SR DB 13 26 6 32 2.46
    2 Corey Webster, LSU JR DB 14 25 7 32 2.29
    3 Darrent Williams, Okl St. JR DB 11 17 6 23 2.09
    4 Travis Daniels, LSU JR DB 14 26 2 28 2.00

Daniels and Webster ranked 3 and 4 playing against teams that threw the ball much less than Ok St and Texas as they both faced teams like T.Tech that threw the ball much more than any team LSU faced.

9. TigerStagg

TigerStagg Founding Member

dandy also didn't even mention jesse daniels as being in the two deeps at SS although he was 2nd string behind hunt & on the field as a true freshman for about 1/3 of the snaps last year. travis & corey will be the corners, jesse and laron will be the safeties. dandy often has as many content errors as he does spelling errors, take it w/ a grain of salt.

10. tigerpride8

tigerpride8 Freshman

Guys i believe he meant jesse daniels who played safety for a good part of the year last year. A typo on Dandy's part