Tre’Davious White's Ltr to LSU/fans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Dec 2, 2016.

1. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Please don't take this wrong, but you talking about the demands on cheerleaders makes me wonder if we're talking about the same thing. ;)

furduknfish and LSUTiga like this.
  2. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

As you highlighted yourself and managed to miss the point I said FINANCIALLY free, and it is. That isn't really debatable at all. These kids are not paying anything for school out of their pockets. Yes they pay with their time, but so did I trying to get in to graduate/professional school. I didn't have time for a job to help with odds and ends during college. I had to pay for that and again I still have loans to pay for. So you dont have to tell me that it is tough for them, I didn't have the same physical demands but I had much more in the way of studying.

Again financially free ride. The point that I was making is it is great to see someone appreciate the absolute gift of an education they are given instead of taking advantage for 3 years, bailing to the NFL draft and then working at mcdonald's after the NFL doesn't pan out.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

EVERYTHING is "financially" when talking about "free." That's how far off you are on this so I can see continuing this would be like asking a blind man to tell me what he saw. Apparently you've never seen "Will work for food" signs. They work and they get food. It ain't fucking free food. The process is circumvented by the physical money not jingling but it's the same principle.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

And let's not forget how much money these players actually make the universities. Money that is spread out and shared accross education and athletics. Their education I feel with a small stipend would be a fair trade off. Ask Tredavious White if he thinks it's fair to have played at LSU for 4 years and be the first person in his family to receive a degree from a major university.

tirk and LSUTiga like this.
  5. LSUTiga

True. They don't only just "make enough money" to pay their "finances" but they make WAY more than what they used for pay their way.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Nobody actually brings these work for food guys to their home to do work. They all look like ax murderers

Rouxleaux likes this.
  7. LSUTiga

I did once. Well he was a custodian who had just gotten a divorce and had a young son he got custody of. He'd come work and I'd take him to the local store and let him charge groceries on my account. Had I given him money he would have spent it on beer and cigs. In fact it all started with him telling me how desperate things were for him and his son and asked for help.

You're right though, a lot of those who hold signs really want a handout.

kluke likes this.
  8. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

I think it's hysterical that you claim I am blind when you are missing my point over and over. This has nothing to do regarding how hard or not these athletes work. If they play 30 plays a game or 3. Yes I don't deny they have to balance things getting ready for Saturday and balancing coursework isn't cake. That being said i can promise that most of these players aren't taking pre med/pre med courses. 98% are kinesiology or business majors not the toughest thing out there. Never the less yes they "spend their time and talents" to essentially pay for college. But again IT IS A FREE RIDE financially. You know that stuff called money that you have to use to buy stuff. They aren't paying for their college education therefore it is free. Pretty basic.

For the 3 or 4 time (since you seem to keep missing the point of what I am saying) I am proud that we have someone smart enough to take advantage of the gift of a paid education and not just go 3 years and waste their chance for a degree. That piece of paper still means something.

Regarding it being a free ride, well I have my opinion and you have yours.

9. kluke

kluke Founding Member

That's a good story Tiga, you did a good thing because you're right that his son wouldn't have gotten much of the help.

I work in downtown Houston. About 5 years back I was walking into Jason's deli for lunch and a guy asked for money for food. He hung out there a lot and had asked me for money a couple of times a week. I said no to the money but offered to pay for any meal he wanted off the Jasons menu. He said no he was embarrassed because he wasn't clean enough to sit in the restaurant and he needed the food for his wife and kid. Then he restated the request for cash. I went in and got a menu and said pick out what you want and I'll get it to go. I'll even buy a kids meal for your son. He just walked off. He didn't asked me for money for about a month. Then one day we went through the same conversation all over again. And he never remembered that it was our second dance.

Brian likes this.
  10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I'd like every kid we're recruiting to read it.

Winston1 likes this.