Tremayne Standberry commits to LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Dec 18, 2002.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Tremayne Standberry is from Lewisville, Texas and is the 19th ranked Tight End in the Nation. Rivals lists him as a three-star player at 6' 3", 255 - 4.8 40. He is supposed to be one of the best blocking Tight Ends in the Country.

Dandy Don lists him at 236 pounds.

2. Sounds like a solid player, we need LB's though. In a big way.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Hey Big atheletes like that are great.

Think about is Spears was the Number 1 TE in the nation and a 5 star. Look where he is at now.

However it should would be nice to have a weapon like we have had in the past in Kinchen, Royal, and Lefluer...

4. PlaneauxTiger

PlaneauxTiger Founding Member

commit or no commit

The story on the rivals site of this guy's commit is gone now. ?? Anyone know the story behind this?

5. LsuBruce

LsuBruce Founding Member

I haven't heard anything yet, but......

my suspicions are that his offer was conditional. Don't quote me on this but it sounds like LSU might have given word that Stansbury would be offered if others didn't commit, namely Norris and Jamesly Jean. I have to say that if this is the case then someone dropped the ball. This commitment should have never happened. It looks bad for us to give an offer and then take it back. It seems like the second time this has happened too (Ben Henderson). I sure hope that the communication between Saban and his field personnel improves if all this proves to be the truth.

Once again,.....this is only LsuBruce's suspicions and opinions. None of this has been reported by anybody.

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Yup he is no longer commited to LSU. I hope your suspicion is wrong. This wont be good for us. A kid commits all the way from North Texas, then gets the Uhh... Well Call..

Not good.

7. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

i called several people closer to the program than myself....and they all say that LSU didnt ever offer him....said that if there is a spot for him in late january and he's still available..then LSU will take him...

8. EELSU1

EELSU1 Founding Member

If his offer was conditional, then who did he commit to is what I'm wondering? If he called someone at Tiger Rag and said I'm commiting to LSU, but didn't call Saban first, then as bad as I feel for Standberry, it's a mistake on his end. Unless Standberry had an unconditional offer & paperwork in his hand, it's not likely LSU's at fault for this mixup. At the same time, maybe Standberry felt the offer was his to accept at any time, seeing that LSU offered him last spring.

The best thing anyone can do is trust Saban & Saban's process. He and his staff are the only ones who have the facts. If LSU did offer Standberry conditionally, then perhaps Saban feels very good about another tight end commitment who he feels is a better prospect. Of course it's just conjecture, as someone like myself would have no idea.

Perhaps Standberry will wind up a Tiger when it's all said and done.

9. ReyDelSol

ReyDelSol Freshman

Nevermind. My mistake.