Trent Johnson Fired

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

No surprise. The Horned Frogs were 8-64 in conference games in the last 4 years.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. LSUBraveheart

LSUBraveheart Veteran Member

It's amazing that Joe Alleva (With his Duke background) thought Trent Johnson was more qualified, a better coach and had more potential than Tony Bennett did.

TB was at Washington State at the time and could have been hired with no problem. He's done an amazing job at Virginia and we could've had him back then, but Ole Joey Boy played politics and set L.S.U. Basketball back 10 years.

His subsequent hires (Caldwell and Jones) have been just as bad.

Alleva is still "Playing Politics" in L.S.U. coaching hiring/firing decisions.

It's certainly getting old and worn out for all those that have high standards of excellence for L.S.U. football and basketball.

And of course, not all do. (Have High Standards) Many revel in the mediocrity just because it's L.S.U. and they'll support dysfunction regardless, as long as it's wearing Purple and Gold...................

shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What's worse, have shitty players that play their hearts out and lose, or having a rich pool of talent and being mediocre? We keep getting top notch hos and they can't fuck. It's because our pimps suck. They care more about makin them hos happy then making dollars.

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

Im beginning to think la (and surrounding areas) don't coach the talented kids well.
    ouch.

how good does brady look now? I think there would have been another ff with the 09 team with brady.

course, itd be nice to get a whole coach and not have to settle for a fraction of a coach.

Brian likes this.
  5. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Johnson lands at Vandy after Stallings takes Dixon's old job at Pitt.

6. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

Was he a Duke Alleva hire??

7. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Do you think Johnson lands at Vandy? I ask because my other school is VCU, and there is speculation that Will Wade could be a possibility for Vandy. Wade just completed his first year as VCU's HC, at 25-11 -- he was an assistant at VCU under Shaka Smart from 2009-13, then took the HC job UT-Chattanooga and was there for 2 years. He returned to VCU when Smart went to Texas. The speculation is because Wade is from Nashville...

8. Don Castavez

Don Castavez Still liking scotch

If this is really about 'pimps and ho's' then does this mean we could be hiring Rick Pitino??

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yes perfect.

10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Brady couldn't do anything with that 09-09 roster plus anthony randolph in 07-08. I liked him, but he ran his course.