Trent Lott is an incoherent babbling fool!

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Mr. Wonderful, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Founding Member

His resignation as Senate Majority Leaders should be offered forthwith. This idiot goes on his speaking tour to convince the media he is not a "racist" and his "trump card" in his feeble mind is that he supports the racist policy of affirmative action?? That's the equivalent of one of these fag Catholic Priests announcing he is giving up the pursuit of young boys and will now only fondle young girls! Lott should rebuild what he has left of his reputation by taking his position as junior member of the Senate from Mississippi. The state of Mississippi has provided the US Senate with many great US Senators such as Bilbo, Eastland (my personal favorite) and John Stennis, Lott should spend the rest of his time in the US Senate trying to reach the pinnacles set by these great men.
    I join with Sir Biggles in condemning Senator Lott for his racist comments THIS PAST WEEK and call for his "resignation" from this pursuit of keeping the Majority position.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Your hypocricy is matched only by your ignorance.

3. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

I too, think the "I support affirmative action" remark was a little over the top and brought what was a pretty concise statement and sincere apology down to the level of shameless political pandering. Now, I've never supported affirmative action, not only because it flies in the face of the principle of equal and fair treatment under law, but it is just as cruel and demeaning to black people as segregation was, but in a kinder, gentler way (basically saying blacks can NEVER beat out whites for jobs or college admission slots on a level playing field and must be given "a boost" to help them). I mean, come on, Trent, to thine own self be true. His voting record on other issues doesn't exactly betray a stance approving affirmative action, but since he's never directly voted on the matter, we can't say for sure. Even if he had said something like, "I supported affirmative action once when it was needed, but not now, it's run it's course." I could buy that. But he didn't say that. So here we are. I must say, I don't know if the GOP will be able to do much with him at the helm. If Lott has been compromised and his political reputation has been damaged beyond repair, perhaps the party does need to look to someone else to lead in the Senate. We will see come January 6th.

I'm not bailing on the guy, I still think his apology is sincere and that at heart he is basically a good person. But he has not handled this situation well and has lost too much credibility, and a bad situation will probably only get much worse. Perhaps he should just step aside for the good of the party.

4. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Trent Lott is a hypocritical fool (qualifies him for GOP leader IMO)

I heard where he said if there was a vote for a Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday now, he would support it. ROTFLMAO!! And this is still who guy who rants and raves about how the money that goes to Washington is really the taxpayer's money and NOT the government's. OK, I have no problem with him believing that except that perhaps he means it is the "Pascagoula's Naval Shipyard's" money. Since time after time, he gets more shipbuilding work done that EVEN THE PENTAGON does NOT want. So here is what Trent Lott REALLY is and is not:

1) Fiscal conservative -- with HIS pork barrel record, HARDLY!
    2) Racist -- ABSOLUTELY, with his voting record and history in college and POST college of opposing issues that would try to level the playing field for minorities (he was also against extending the Voting Rights Act). And AT LEAST TWICE, he has said that the country would have been better off if Thurmond had won the presidency {whose main platform was segregation}
    3) Hypocrite -- YES, see above

Hey, this guy is the prototype for the GOP politician -- says he doesn't get affected by public opinion (just like Sapling CLAIMS) yet runs his entire office that way. Says the government spends too much money yet heaps millions of undeserved and unneeded money to Mississippi projects, especially the naval shipyard.

5. Mr. Wonderful

Re: Trent Lott is a hypocritical fool (qualifies him for GOP leader IMO)

Example #2 of what a dumbass this Lott is and how incompetent he is to be Senate Majority Leader! You won't hear Senator McCain back down from his brave vote against the Doctor Reverend Martin Luther King Junior Holiday Celebrating Negroes! Senator McCain is a straight talker, he is proud of his vote against that ridiculous negro holiday. In this regard, Lott is far out of the mainstream if he actually SUPPORTS that holiday, pretending to is one thing, but proclaiming you support it? What a joke he is!

6. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Is that the same McCain who changed his mind of the SC flag

Apparently, your memory is failing you or it is selective at best. I believe it was John McCain, who quite out of character, said that South Carolina should be able to fly their Civil War vintage flag over the capitol building. Oh, BTW, that was DURING the SC GOP primary -- right after the primary, he said that was a mistake on his part. Nah, that couldn't have been for political purposes, could it?

7. SabanFan

Trent Lott's voting record reflects the wishes of his constituents and that is as it should be. Representatives and Senators are not sent to Washington to advance their own objectives and ideologies. It's a shame most politicians don't realize that.

8. Mr. Wonderful

OK, OK, so McCain is not perfect.

He was right the first time in SC. But he has held strong on his vote with Lott on the Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King Junior Holiday For Negroes. Maybe that is why he is so popular with media types, some Democrats and Independents?

9. SabanFan

Mr Wonderful:

Do you go by "ShreveportTiger" on the football board? Just curious.

10. Mr. Wonderful

No, only have one other name.

I'm known as Mr. VIP in some of the adult entertainment clubs in Winnipeg. I'm also known as the co-author of some of the best messages posted on the internet with Sir Biggles. He and I work closely together on many issues.