Trent Lott is an incoherent babbling fool!

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Mr. Wonderful, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Well, Mr. Wonderful, at the risk of hacking you off, I will say that I support the holiday commemorating the birth of The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. He was a great man, a firm Christian man, who, like the prophets of the Old Testament, was called to preach against a great evil in our land. He faced this evil down and was victorious, and we are all better off for it. My only beef is that the holiday should not be his alone, but for everyone in this country who has fought against evil and injustice. King could not have ended segregation alone. A bunch of people helped, and glory should belong to them as well.

Another thing, Dr. King and I share the same birthday, and though I may not yet be a prophet or crusader against evil and injustice, I think I'm pretty cool myself. So if you don't like Dr. King's birthday, instead celebrate JETSTORM DAY!

But, sorry Tom, I won't tar and feather Lott or McCain for voting against the holiday. At the time it still was a little controversial, and Dr. King is the only American to have his own special holiday. Even Washington and Lincoln got lumped together in the generic "President's Day." I don't think Dr. King is more important than Washington and Lincoln. King was important to his time and to America for all time, but so were Washington, Lincoln, FDR, and dozens upon dozens of others. And, like I said, the civil rights movement didn't begin and end with King. That day, like that movement, should belong to everyone who has ever contributed to helping America live up to it's full potential as the Land of the Free. I think the day should be more appropriate titled something like "Freedom Day" or "American Heroes Day." But of course, black people would pitch a fit, so it will never happen. But I think that's the way it should be.

2. Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful Founding Member

It has come to my attention that there is a somewhat powerful union named AFSCME who is also quite happy with this "holiday"? Something about getting paid not to work? Of course, 90% of private sector employees do not celebrate (take off work) The Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King Junior Holiday For Negroes anyway, so it really doesn't matter what you call it. Perhaps it is best to see it for what it is, a bribe paid to AFSCME and negroes. It has also greatly benefit the Big Theatre chains, and anything that in some form helps our national artists can't be all bad.

3. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Not exactly Shreveport Tiger, but does have a descriptive handle

"Do you go by "ShreveportTiger" on the football board? Just curious."

No, but Mr. Wonderful is known by a very accurate and descriptived moniker of "dumbass poster" on several boards.