Tressel's job in jeopardy?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by RHans405, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

I wonder if the NCAA is going to respond :popcorn:

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Not anytime soon. :popcorn:

3. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

Please..... the Ncaa is still discussing if they should do anything to Woody Hayes

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

What I find most remarkable in all this is that excite.com still operates. I feel like I have stepped through a time portal and ended up in 1999.

5. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Michael Crabtree was suspended for the entire season once he was caught in his lie. There shouldn't be a double standard for coaches. "Tressel the vest-wearing douchebag" should at a minimum receive the same discipline. But then again the coaches should be held to a higher standard than the players.

6. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Can you imagine the firestorm going down in the Ohio state nation. The sports writers and radio shows are probably buzzing. Think about what the callers on local radio programs would be screaming if this was happening at lsu with miles. Osu has had 6 players and their coach suspended and the NCAA is going through everthing with a fine tooth comb. USC will be watching closely. Auburn got away so far with camgate and if sweaterman gets away with this the trojons will be wondering why do we get it and they don't? The NCAA will be under the spotlight to see how they handle this and sweaterman very well be made an example of.

7. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Report: 'Relentless' OSU fans force Kirk Herbstreit's move from Columbus | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Even Herbstreit is getting out of town.........

8. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Leads me to believe Kirk must not be through talking. Quite a concession when you think on it. It also says what we continue to see from all fan bases, the delusion is based on strict loyalty and has little to do with facts.

I listened to the Tressel, pitiful explanation on the 8 month lag time. That was embarrassing to have to hear. Only thing I was wondering during that spectacle was if he was so concerned that Pryor and another player were mixed up in a federal investigation, did he at least talk to those two kids in that time frame? My guess, no.

9. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

10. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

(RUMOR) U. Meyer to tOSU after Tressel serves suspension and after any NCAA imposed penalties on tOSU expires. (/RUMOR)