Tressel's job in jeopardy?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by RHans405, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Zackardo

Zackardo Founding Member

http://a.espncdn.com/media/pdf/110425/OSU_NoticeofAllegations.pdf

The NCAA is throwing some powerful verbiage at Tressel. From Allegation 2:

[quote]failed to deport himself in accordance with the honesty and integrity normally associated with the conduct and administration of intercollegiate athletics as required by NCAA legislation and violated ethical-conduct legislation[/quote]

I think this is NCAAspeak for basically declaring war on Tressel. And the Notice of Allegations amounts to asking OSU to either defend Tressel or throw him under the bus.

I certainly don't claim to understand the NCAA's thought process (it exists, right?) but I think they've laid too much language on the table to back down without doing SOMETHING.

The obvious comparison is to the Bruce Pearl Notice of Allegations. Actually the bolded part is comes pretty close to word for word the same.

I don't think it really means anything, but I'm amused that the Pearl allegation in question contains a side reference to said standards of honesty and sportsmanship to be "generally recognized high"; no such parallel exists in the Tressel version.

2. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I'd be more worried about tOSU going after a current SEC coach and Ohio native that is regarded as someone that runs a very clean program but is not embraced by a large portion of the fan base of his current school. The guy I'm referring to recently lost a sibling, so the nostalgic pull for his home state may grow very strong.