Trev complimenting the SEC/LSU.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Berge, Oct 1, 2004.

1. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

r u joshin' me, Hub?

Trev will once again be proven a fool when Ainge gets smoked against the first (and fastest) defense he's ever seen. He's played less than one full game for goodness sakes, and he won't be seeing the third-and-short situations he's benefitted from so far this season. Here's why:

In the matchups against UNLV, UF, and LaTech the Vols are a combined 114-63 with all three games at Neyland. The three opponent’s defenses share a common trait – suspect cornerbacks – thus forcing opposing linebackers to frequently drop into “soft” coverage and expose the corners to the run. Hence, UT’s substantial performance in the rushing statistics category, especially when running outside the tackles. When you’re consistently ripping off 6-8 yards on first down, you have the distinct advantage of being able to open up your offense to it’s fullest potential and it removes a ton of pressure from the QB. Hell, you and I both could stand back there and throw all day.

Fulmer and Sanders deserve a lot of credit for placing UT’s offense in a lot of favorable, third-and-short situations which has resulted in 3 primary benefits: First, it forces the D to commit to stopping the run first, thus allowing favorable man-coverage matchups on the outside. Second, it takes pressure off his frosh QB, so less opportunity for decision-oriented mistakes. Lastly, the play-action fake freezes the LB/Safety, thus opening up the middle for the Slot and TE routes for first downs (and significant YAC.)

Trev will once again take his place as the motley fool of the program - it's just a matter of time.

How I view Trev :
    [​IMG]

2. TigersTalons

TigersTalons Founding Member

i agree the d wins this one.and caddy and ronnie pad those stats!!!:hihi:
    WDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

Trev has sucked up to LSU after the whole USC fiasco last year. He'll show his true colors again at the end of the season.

4. dothantiger

dothantiger Founding Member

Maybe it's because USC is showing its true colors this year? Maybe he finally realizes....."hey, USC will lose this year, maybe twice!" This morning on GameDay he's also continuing to say the SEC is the best conference in the country, with the PAC10 being 2nd.

5. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

If he says that the Pac-10 is 2nd, then he is still as much of an idiot as always. Big 12, ACC, and Big 10 are all better than the Pac-10.

6. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

AU's defense "faster" than Florida's?

I'd like to see their starting 11 lined up against your starting 11 and see who wins in a 40 yard dash. Ron Zook can't coach but he can recruit and Florida is always a blindingly fast team.

7. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Still badmouthing Tennessee ...

Beat 'em and you can talk around here ... AU's going down in Neyland ... get the net