Trev's a "goofball"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by chele, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

Granted, Trev is retarded. But a while back I remember someone saying that the whole reason ESPN hired him is to offer his stupid, retarded opinion, because it attracts publicity. Sure people say that he's out of his mind. True. But do they stop watching him? Absolutely not. They want to keep watching him so they can make more fun of him. Reverse (or rather retarded) psychology, I suppose.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The Nutt thing was way overboard, he should be fired.

3. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

How can you fire him? They got him on because they want the public to hear his thoughts on things like this. I dont like Trev anymore than the Tiger fans do, but Im sure that outside of LSU ( because of the perception by us that he dont like us) and Arkansas, probably alot of college football fans agreed with what he said.

4. Lump

Lump Founding Member

It's not a question of whether people agreed with him or not...he was not stating an opinion, we was simply lying. He created a story that was more pallatable to him than the truth. Many people probably did believe him, which is what makes it so inexcusable, and why he probably should be sued for slander.

Again, he was not stating one of his stupid opinions like "nebraska is a top 5 program", or "LSU would lose to UGA 8 out of 10 times", so "agreed" has nothing to do with it.

This of course is all aside from the fact that he once again flip-flopped on the whole issue. Initially after the firing he was in complete agreement with the move, stating that Nebraska demands more, Nebraska is an elite program, etc. etc. etc....but in this most recent article he now says he disagreed with the firing. Classic Trev.